Turn on thread page Beta

Facebook needs to shut down this racist group watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Do-you...d=259489998386

It's crazy, especially what's written on the wall.

ReputationRep:
    No they dont. Freedom of Speech.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen worse. And it's not racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)

There are limits. Freedom of speech shouldn't apply to things such as racism, for example. Holocaust denial also springs to mind.

That said, that facebook group doesn't seem too bad compared to some stuff.

ReputationRep:
    It's their opinion. It's not racist, either.

ReputationRep:
    nope, tony blair got rid of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    There are limits. Freedom of speech shouldn't apply to things such as racism, for example. Holocaust denial also springs to mind.

That said, that facebook group doesn't seem too bad compared to some stuff.
    As soon as you impose limits on freedom of speech, then its not freedom of speech :P
    You cant say it shouldnt apply to things like racism, because there are certain phrases some would consider racist and others wont etc..

I think the group is gay, but I mean..its up to Facebook I guess, its their rules

ReputationRep:
    As soon as you impose limits on freedom of speech, then its not freedom of speech :P
    You cant say it shouldnt apply to things like racism, because there are certain phrases some would consider racist and others wont etc..

I think the group is gay, but I mean..its up to Facebook I guess, its their rules
    in the uk there are limits on freedom of speech! (to do with racial hatred surprisingly)

ReputationRep:
    I strongly support the right of that group to exist.

ReputationRep:
    If they ban that one, then they should ban all the religious groups because, y'know, I'm Athiest and offended by them. Blates. (Y)

[/completely irrelevant point]

Just because one person thinks something of one thing, doesn't mean people view it as different, as proved by everyone who has posted so far. :p:

What? No, they can do what they want. Just because they're vile uneducated working class peasants doesn't mean they can't express their views.

ReputationRep:
    Considering I've seen groups recently saying black people only and no whites, I think if that is shut down then a fair few of the racist ones need to be.

ReputationRep:
    Reading some of their spelling was like reading a foreign language tbh.

ReputationRep:
    "i made a group about disgusting smelly pakis so what, they need to get the ***** out of this country..." (excerpt from said group wall)

If that's not racist, I don't know what is. Saying Pakistanis smell is pretty low-brow foul racism to me. Many people on TSR are so concerned with being anti-PC they completely deny obvious cases of racism. They need to sort themselves out and realise the flip-side.

ReputationRep:
    They should be shut down for having a photo of that god-awful film as their picture.

ReputationRep:
    I love the way he's used "This is England" as the profile picture, when that film has an anti-racist/anti-fascist message XD
    They obviously didn't get it...

ReputationRep:
    well, i guess people think like that anyway. Theyre just expressing it in the group. But i agree it is racist

ReputationRep:
    im supposed to be the ignorant one? i made a group about disgusting smelly paki's so what, they need to get the ***** out of this country instead of bre...eding more, makes me sickkkkkk when i see one! im racistttttttttt btw and iloveit
    Eurgh wtf. Generalisation much.

Yeah people have the freedom of speech, and if that's what someone thinks then so be it, but what a ****.

I'm Indian but I do think that there are a lotttt of foreigners in the country (including me, even though I was born here) - and sometimes it's a shame because some cultures and traditions have been lost, and yes, it does piss me off. But to tar every 'paki' with the same brush or to say that they 'stink' is like =\

The dude needs to grow up.

I lol'd at the title, then closed the tab.

For once in my life, I am :indiff:.

ReputationRep:
    I know its ridiculous! What's more some of my friends joined! It's like sheep! I talked to them about it and they've backtracked though. But I guess freedom of speech...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.