Turn on thread page Beta

Facebook needs to shut down this racist group watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why is everybody banging on about freedom of speech?

This is a Facebook fan page, not a real group or political party. It's up to Facebook whether people using it should have freedom of speech or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xica Da Silva)
    Its possible to value your own culture without bringing others down.
    How exactly are british people second class citizens in their own land?
    That was not what I said.

(Original post by X)
    Seems like Ravi is one of those people that think the British should be second class citizens in their own land - forced to exalt the wonders of other cultures whilst maintaining that their own is degenerate and in need of "enrichment".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Am I the only one who thinks it's funny they spelled Pakistan wrong? Ah the racist working class, always worth a few laughs.

"Working class" ???

SNOB.

ReputationRep:
    Well I just had a look at this.
    And I think the most worrying thing is the lack of education.
    I don't know where the majority of those people got their ideals from.

Sure lots of people slip through the net and get into the country. But don't spout any of this 'taking our jobs' rubbish, because the majority of immigrants take jobs we don't want. That's why we introduced immigration in the first place.

Nothing wrong with freedom of speech, it's just a shame people think things like this in the first place.
    There's no such thing as a 'horrible' race, sure, there's a hell of a lot of horrible white people, but there's also a nice of nice white people. The same goes for every race. I don't see why we have to lock down onto where people have come from as a whole and say they're bad people?

They've completely lost the context of This Is England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    How is the group racist?

Non-racist group attracting racist members might be an apt description - but valuing your own culture is not racist. Seems like Ravi is one of those people that think the British should be second class citizens in their own land - forced to exalt the wonders of other cultures whilst maintaining that their own is degenerate and in need of "enrichment".

Crying over opinions you don't like by invoking emotional boo words just goes to show what a **** argument you have.
    i spelt pakistan wrong? so whaaaaaaaaaat! half of you didnt know how to spelll it in the first place, just seen people writing it so you thought you would join in, and im supposed to be the ignorant one? i made a group about disgusting smelly paki's so what, they need to get the ***** out of this country instead of breeding more, makes me sickkkkkk when i see one! im racistttttttttt btw and iloveit
    Yea definitely not racist :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ha, you obviously haven't seen this page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...id=18022469954

what *****. :rolleyes:

**** freedom of speech. if they don't want people to live here just because of the colour of their skin, then they should be denied that right.

i thought we all belonged to the human race? :confused:

Where is 'packistan'?....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    There are limits. Freedom of speech shouldn't apply to things such as racism, for example. Holocaust denial also springs to mind.

That said, that facebook group doesn't seem too bad compared to some stuff.
    Why? Obviously to deny the holocaust makes you a retard, but if people want to that's their problem. If I were to deny the fall of the Western Roman Empire I'd be a retard but no-one would care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    As soon as you impose limits on freedom of speech, then its not freedom of speech :P
    You cant say it shouldnt apply to things like racism, because there are certain phrases some would consider racist and others wont etc..

I think the group is gay, but I mean..its up to Facebook I guess, its their rules
    Oooh! Careful! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1156787

(Original post by HDS)
    Where is 'packistan'?....
    Next to Eejit

ReputationRep:
    Oh the irony of using a "This is England" poster as their pic... Racists, they just can't get dumber!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    Why? Obviously to deny the holocaust makes you a retard, but if people want to that's their problem. If I were to deny the fall of the Western Roman Empire I'd be a retard but no-one would care.
    I mention holocaust denial because 99% of the time it is accompanied by neo-nazism or anti-semitism in some form.

Complete freedom of speech would be really lovely, but it's not going to happen. You think any government is going to legalise things like inciting violence, making death threats, contempt of court etc?

ReputationRep:
    welll theres alot of groups like that but theres anti britain anti whites ect
    racism is all ways alot of groups on fb need to be shut down

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of speech needs to be attached with limits, because racism has no place in the 21st century. I'm sure most of people would agree with me that this limit wouldn't in anyway restrict or harm their freedom of speech. I know racism is everywhere but UK can be force for good and maybe other countries will take notice.

(Original post by MazalTov89)
    Next to Eejit

Oh I've heard of it.... it's near Seera, right?

I say we take Brother Dr. Kamau Kambon's advice on this one.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    WHITE POWAAAAARRRR. ******* smelly pakis with thier curry and theyre bombs and theyre islam and corner shops. they should be LINED up and SHOT the *******. paki twaaaaaaats. x
    And you guys are saying this group isn't racist? ****** hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Freedom of speech needs to be attached with limits, because racism has no place in the 21st century. I'm sure most of people would agree with me that this limit wouldn't in anyway restrict or harm their freedom of speech.
    why do you even care? is it because the truth hurts? would you rather people were only allowed to say "nice things "?

get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalaf)
    Yea definitely not racist :rofl:
    It appears the distinction between a racist group with racist members and a non-racist group consisting of racist members has somehow managed to evade your impressive intellect.

The premise of the group is not racist.

Some of the members are racist.

That does not make the group itself, racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porch monkey 4 life)
    why do you even care? is it because the truth hurts? would you rather people were only allowed to say "nice things "?

get over it.
    Yes, that would make things better. No hate or racism= better world.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.