Turn on thread page Beta

Facebook needs to shut down this racist group watch

ReputationRep:
    Deleted?

ReputationRep:
    its getting the balance between positive and negative freedoms you cant have one without infringing the other "freedom of speech" is all well and good until it infringes "freedom from discrimination"
    we are currently having a similar problem in out little town, the whole of Lichfield seem to have become a bunch of racists because the local muslims want to have a permanent venue to pray (they already use the community centre) they are saying that they are all extremist yet are still alright to buy curries off them. stupid stupid people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)
    I love the way he's used "This is England" as the profile picture, when that film has an anti-racist/anti-fascist message XD
    They obviously didn't get it...
    haha so true :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Racism saddens me
    I don't understand why some people only want to stick to their 'own people' and not integrate with anybody else. I mean, we each have on average 70 years to live, why are we wasting it hating each other instead of trying to meet and befriend as many people as we can? It really frustrates me! Agh! Why can't everyone just try to to mix with people they are not used to?! They may find that they are not as bad as they first thought :sigh:
    Come here, I want to hug you.

ReputationRep:
    looks like they hate grammer more than Asians..

ReputationRep:
    It's gone - WIN!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    No they dont. Freedom of Speech.
    If a policeman hears me say that I am a terrorist, (lets say I am a muslim with a full grown beard and a hat as well) will they let me walk away without doing anything at all? I think not. According to your quote, I should be allowed to call a black man a n*****, right?

ReputationRep:
    What is the group about? I don't have Failbook.

ReputationRep:
    It's been deleted.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I heard the internets was serious business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    As soon as you impose limits on freedom of speech, then its not freedom of speech :P
    You cant say it shouldnt apply to things like racism, because there are certain phrases some would consider racist and others wont etc..

I think the group is gay, but I mean..its up to Facebook I guess, its their rules
    Why use the word gay?? |:

ReputationRep:
    If they're not inciting racial hatred( so saying kill all pakis etc) then its not illegal to be racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetqueen)
    I strongly support the right of that group to exist.
    uh huh, im sure you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    "i made a group about disgusting smelly pakis so what, they need to get the ***** out of this country..." (excerpt from said group wall)

If that's not racist, I don't know what is. Saying Pakistanis smell is pretty low-brow foul racism to me. Many people on TSR are so concerned with being anti-PC they completely deny obvious cases of racism. They need to sort themselves out and realise the flip-side.
    the do smell. so do indians, my mate joel smells of curry it sometimes makes me hungry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Racism saddens me
    I don't understand why some people only want to stick to their 'own people' and not integrate with anybody else. I mean, we each have on average 70 years to live, why are we wasting it hating each other instead of trying to meet and befriend as many people as we can? It really frustrates me! Agh! Why can't everyone just try to to mix with people they are not used to?! They may find that they are not as bad as they first thought :sigh:

As for the group, maybe it should stay up for pure comedic value
    awww i feel the same way, girl!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    the do smell. so do indians, my mate joel smells of curry it sometimes makes me hungry.
    LOOOOL. Thank you for making this thread a little more light hearted!

ReputationRep:
    'I do not agree with a word you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it'- Voltaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffigyWellington)
    Come here, I want to hug you.
    Yay! :hugs: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I missed the group. It's deleted now, so I guess your little campaign worked. Whether it was right or not, I can't really have an opinion on that since I haven't actually seen the group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    If a policeman hears me say that I am a terrorist, (lets say I am a muslim with a full grown beard and a hat as well) will they let me walk away without doing anything at all? I think not. According to your quote, I should be allowed to call a black man a n*****, right?
    Haha, sure..then I should be allowed to call you a h***** right? But of course I wont. Even though free speech is there, we still have a duty to know how to exercise it. Of course you will always get people to like to exercise it as much as possible :P

(Original post by Peachesishere)
    Why use the word gay?? |:
    Dunno, why not?...its like a full member of my negative vocab list..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.