Turn on thread page Beta

Scared to buy nice/sexy underwear incase my Mum doesn't approve watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Do you live under a rock or something?
    :rolleyes:
    Yes not wanting a 17 year old to be sexually suggestive at her age :eek: .
    Perv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I don't think you need that stuff at 17 to be honest.
    Why not?
    Is there a "suitable" age for wearing nice underwear?
    If it makes you feel good, wtf not?

ReputationRep:
    I worried in the same manner, but on the occasions my folks did my washing () they never said anything.

Just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalexi)
    Why not?
    Is there a "suitable" age for wearing nice underwear?
    If it makes you feel good, wtf not?
    Well presumably wearing a thong wouldn't feel good. Secondly in my opinion, I sympathize with her mum, she doesn't need that kind of **** at that age.

ReputationRep:
    Perv.
    I'm 17 too btw. Every girlfriend I've had since I was 13 has worn nice/sexy underwear lol.

And come on, it's only visible, and therefor sexually suggestive,ONCE she has her clothes off. ... which I think is sexually suggestive no matter the underwear.

ReputationRep:
    Perv.
    Climb out your rock and watch Skins or something.
    Most teenagers are too busy ******* to be wearing underwear.

Anyway, have sexy underwear on (NOT ON SHOW) is just a way to feel confident and sexy, do a bit of teasing while YOU'RE STILL YOUNG AND CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. Doesn't define you as easy or a slut.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus. Mum got me my fist pair of thongs at Tammy Girl when I was like 12 :rolleyes:
    Just talk to her

ReputationRep:
    Oh the joys of having a Mother who will quite happily waltz into Agent Provocateur with me!

Anyway I agree with everyone who says you should just buy whatever underwear you want, you're the one who is going to be wearing it. Just explain to your Mum what you have said here if she does question anything, that you need different styles of underwear to go under certain clothes. If you want to buy sexier styles and feel nice then why not. Nothing wrong with that. No one can see your pants under your clothes anyway! If your Mum still isn't happy, do your own washing. If you don't feel comfortable shopping with your Mum either go with friends and ask them what they think is best.

ReputationRep:
    Well presumably wearing a thong wouldn't feel good. Secondly in my opinion, I sympathize with her mum, she doesn't need that kind of **** at that age.
    Maybe you should try one the right size next time?
    And they feel perfectly fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Jesus. Mum got me my fist pair of thongs at Tammy Girl when I was like 12 :rolleyes:
    Just talk to her
    I know how you feel, I was so happy when my mum got me my first french lacies :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Why would she care about your underwear? Since when is it any of her business, anyway?
    I guess since her mum does her washing? OP, don't worry, I felt a little bit like this, but I went out and bought a set, and came home and actually told my mum, and showed her, and she approved, and complimented it. Your mum may be more open minded than you think! If you're a bit shy about it, buy some when you're out and say to your mum, "Oh, I bought some new underwear so if you don't recognise any in the wash it'll be mine." and then wait and see how she reacts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    I guess since her mum does her washing? OP, don't worry, I felt a little bit like this, but I went out and bought a set, and came home and actually told my mum, and showed her, and she approved, and complimented it. Your mum may be more open minded than you think! If you're a bit shy about it, buy some when you're out and say to your mum, "Oh, I bought some new underwear so if you don't recognise any in the wash it'll be mine." and then wait and see how she reacts
    My mum bought me some pritty underwar for christmas. x)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMV)
    My mum bought me some pritty underwar for christmas. x)
    So did mine! :love: If I was rich, I'd just spend all my money at la senza...

ReputationRep:
    or Agent Provocateur!

ReputationRep:
    Glad its not just my Mum being weird xD
    I have to buy Le Senza now though. >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalexi)
    or Agent Provocateur!
    :love:

You know what, at risk of sounding a bit old, Marks & Spencer have some gorgeous underwear. I spent hours browsing lots of different shops online the other day, it makes me so sad I'm a penniless student...

ReputationRep:
    Perv.
    Lol, who ARE you?! Are you a troll? "At her age"?! :rolleyes:

In Britain, the legal age of consent is 16. A 17 year old can have sex all they like. But that's beside the point. My mum came panty shopping with me when I was 13!

OP just go on your own; unless your parents are particularly religious or strict, they really shouldn't mind, and it's technically none of their business anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more concerned that your mum still does your washing at 17 :O

ReputationRep:
    buy them yourself hide them from her,
    im sure she wont be seeing you in your underwear.

ReputationRep:
    Buy whatever you want, she's going to have to accept the fact you're going to start wearing big girl pants at some point. Or does she expect you to be wearing minnie mouse knickers till you're 30?

Also note that thongs are usually just as visible as other underwear through tight fitting clothes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.