Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Scared to buy nice/sexy underwear incase my Mum doesn't approve watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I don't think you need that stuff at 17 to be honest.
    I agree.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    OP don't worry about it too much =) Im in the same situation buying some for the first time, (but for slightly different reasons ) I went with one of my girl mates and went to La Senza and New Look and Peacocks. New Look was best actually.
    Dont know if my mum has seen it yet cos I havent had the opportunity to wear them, but she hasnt said anything to me. I hope she wont mind too much but tbh there's not much she can do as you cant take them back.
    You could have a look on websites first to get an idea.
    Hope this helps abit =) xx

ReputationRep:
    I think its a bit gross when people wear thongs with white jeans cause you can see their arse skin through the material.

But yeah buy your own undies, whats the worst that can happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalexi)
    Go out and buy your underwear, I think at 17 your mum doesn't have any control over what you choose to wear and if she's okay about you wearing tight skirts and dresses then sexy underwear should be no different.
    If she starts interrogating you, tell her that it's so you can wear nice clothes without everyone seeing your panty-line, it makes you feel good and it's none of her business anyway!
    La Senza always have good offers/sales on. 5 pairs of knickers for £12!
    i agree wholeheartedly. at 17 you ought to be able to choose tbh.
    i went shopping the other day and found that it's now 5 pairs of knicks for £5 no jokes! and they're pretty

ReputationRep:
    Is it your mother who will be wearing the underwear? No. So wear what the **** you want.

ReputationRep:
    Your mom's not going to be wearing your underwear. It's not her decision.

ReputationRep:
    My mum didn't mind my wearing lacy french style knickers and we went shopping for them together but I think she might have protested a bit at thongs and besides, I don't want them hanging to dry on display for all of the family to see, so I had a few which I used to wash and dry myself. Now I'm away, I wear what I like.

ReputationRep:
    Hottest post ever.

but yeh dont do it with your mum. She probably just jealous her boobs aren't above waist height and she can no longer 'shake dat thang'

Wow. did I just type that out loud?

polaroid picture? I digress.

ReputationRep:
    Just buy whatever you want when you're on your own or with friends, then if she says anything just say that you needed some new stuff and got it when you went out

ReputationRep:
    y? duz she want u 2 b a lezzer?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt your Mum would even ask you about your underwear to be honest. You're 17 and have the right to wear nice knickers ha

ReputationRep:
    Oh god just buy nice undies your Mum won't care. Or just handwash them yourself, if you buy nice lacy ones you have to handwash them anyway, and then dry them on the radiator in your room.
    I recommend La Senza, such nice stuff! xx

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask, then no

ReputationRep:
    Just remember once you buy it there's no return. Hygiene thing..

ReputationRep:
    Wash them yourself. Don't you have a radiator in your room to dry them on?

ReputationRep:
    Instead of going straight from whatever you're wearing now to full-on sexy, why not make it a gradual transition into some pretty, lacy boyshort-style underwear, so that it's less embarrassing for you than throwing loads of red and black terrifying thongs into the wash? Or maybe something with a bit of a pattern like polka dot, gingham, flowery etc., because those are more covertly sexy I'd say, but are still cute and look innocent enough to a parent.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.