Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am well aware these kinds of threads have been done to the death, but just humour me!!

I have English coursework due in on Friday on how Shakespeare explore the themes of love and hate and builds tension in Act 1 Scene 5 in Romeo and Juliet. I've already done two drafts and its finished, theoretically.

Only thing is, I really (and I mean really) want to get full marks. I did on my last piece of coursework and would love too again (I am a self confessed perfectionist/workaholic with a damn competitive streak), but I'm not quite as gripped with this piece.

Have any of you ever got full marks or got an A* on English CW/Romeo and Juliet? Any tips? What can make me stand out from other candidates? What do teachers/examiners like to see most?

I think I just said this in another thread, but the social and historical context is very important - also talk about how it would 'appear' on stage, if you can weave that in somewhere. Shakespeare is crossover piece of coursework (i.e. it's for both lang and lit), no? Well, include lots of lovely technical terms etc. I'm sure you know this seeing as you got full marks on another one.
    A problem may be the structure of you essay, having an easy-flowing piece certainly helps.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.