Turn on thread page Beta

Too popular for me? :( HELP!! watch

Theres this guy I like at college, I don't really know him, but hes a friend of a sort of friend of mine. I see him quite a lot around college, and I get the feeling he likes me by the way we keep making eye contact and sort of smiling at each other.

The problem is he looks quite popular and is good looking, and although I think he likes me i'm starting to have doubts because he could do so much better then me I'm not ugly, but I wouldn't say i'm that pretty either, just your average girl so I don't know why he'd like me out of much more stunning girls.
    I looked at his facebook profile a few weeks ago, and he has a few mutual friends with 4 really popular people in my year who went to my old school. This made me feel pretty rubbish, and I just feel like I have no chance with him, even though I convinced myself he liked me. (I don't have him on facebook)

I'm also not that popular, I have my group of friends at college and other friends in classes, but I'm not one of those 'popular' girls
    Any help?

ReputationRep:
    what college do you go to?

Very unlikely its the same as yours haha

So any suggestions anyone?

Make a move! otherwise you'll regret it in the future

ReputationRep:
    flirt with him get to know him than add him on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    No reason why he wouldn't like you, just relax, try to chat with him a bit whenever he's around, see what happens. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Pics of everyone or gtfo

(Original post by tinywings)
    How old are you?
    17, why?

I don't really know how I can chat to him if I only see him in the corridor passing...
    I just think hes out of my league?

my instinct tells me you're from woodhouse. but i could be wrong.

but yeah, just approach him. there's no such thing as the popular group and the unpopular group at a sixth form college, so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is friends with the popular people, that's why their popular.
    Have you seen him with lots of girlfriends or are you just saying that you think he could get one if he tried?

I don't really know how I can chat to him if I only see him in the corridor passing...
    Lol he must sit down somewhere.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    my instinct tells me you're from woodhouse. but i could be wrong.

but yeah, just approach him. there's no such thing as the popular group and the unpopular group at a sixth form college, so go for it.
    Sorry, whats woodhouse?

ReputationRep:
    Why not add him on facebook, see if he accepts and strike up a convo on facebook chat? If you haven't spoken to him before or anything then it would be quite weird to just ask him out or something. Maybe he keeps making eye contact with you because you're always looking at him? If you like someone you can sometimes read the signals wrongly and get the wrong impression! Don't make a fool of yourself!

Sorry, whats woodhouse?
    haha never mind.

ReputationRep:
    If you are a genuine intelligent girl, I wouldnt worry about the stunning popular girls. Chances are hes dying for a decent conversation, so...just talk. If he ignores you, then he is a **** and not worth worrying about.

(Original post by Nashy19)
    Everyone is friends with the popular people, that's why their popular.
    Have you seen him with lots of girlfriends or are you just saying that you think he could get one if he tried?

Lol he must sit down somewhere.
    Ive only seen him walking with one girl before, the rest of the time hes either with guy friends or on his own. But because hes good looking and seems quite confident (from what ive seen), he could probably get a girlfriend quite easily if he tried.

(Original post by moomin_love)
    Why not add him on facebook, see if he accepts and strike up a convo on facebook chat? If you haven't spoken to him before or anything then it would be quite weird to just ask him out or something. Maybe he keeps making eye contact with you because you're always looking at him? If you like someone you can sometimes read the signals wrongly and get the wrong impression! Don't make a fool of yourself!
    What would I say though? If I just randomly say 'hi how are you', will it look a bit weird?

ReputationRep:
    Ive only seen him walking with one girl before, the rest of the time hes either with guy friends or on his own. But because hes good looking and seems quite confident (from what ive seen), he could probably get a girlfriend quite easily if he tried.
    You wouldn't want him if he was shy and ugly would you :p:

Go for it. He might even be a virgin, lots of popular kids fall into a trap like that. Remember that you're a girl and you know what girls he can get, while he probably isn't so sure.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, unlike girls, don't really care bout social status when it comes to fancing a woman. If he thinks you are attractive and he likes your personality the rest probably won't matter.

ReputationRep:
    first off, add him before you check through his friends. otherwise its just wierd.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.