Turn on thread page Beta

Too popular for me? :( HELP!! watch

ReputationRep:
    First things first - increase your popularity tenfold.

Serious post: Just add him to FB and say something. If you don't time will fly by and you won't get the chance again! :p: Even if it doesn't work out then as someone said earlier - he's not really worth it.

How do I speak to him on facebook though without being weird? He'll only ask how he knows me and I wouldn't know what to say to that
    Also he may not even accept me? hmm

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, get a grip!
    Popularity is nonsense. Seriously, what are we 13 year olds? :|
    If he's nicee, he nicee no matter how many friends he has on facebook!

ReputationRep:
    If I was the guy in that situation, I'd be flattered that someone felt that way and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if a girl I didn't know decided to add me. You should add him, otherwise you'll probably never know one way or another. Better to live life with no regrets than to look back in the future and wonder what could have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What would I say though? If I just randomly say 'hi how are you', will it look a bit weird?
    Just be like "hey it's soandso from college, i'm friends with soandso " or something. I don't know... maybe if your friend who is friends with him is ever with him find an excuse to go up to him?

ReputationRep:
    Omg i totally get ur predicament, as in - my 1st crush was with this boy in my last few years of secondary school, i always assumed he was way out of my league, and like my self confidence plummeted because i was always thinking "why would he even be interested in me? Especially when the other so-called "popular" girls were just so stunning. Anyway I never said anything out of this fear of rejection, and honestly all it does is hold you back - he might well have been interested but I never risked finding out, hoping he'd make the 1st move, like they always did in movies and books. And now I'm in college thinking back to my skl years, regretting not doing what i could, cause I know regardless of whether he did reject me or not, it would have just been one of those oh-so-common embarrassing moments that just faded away and was forgotten, my advice is go 4 it, cause "popular" is just a label that people give themselves, we reinforce the label by ranking them as better or prettier or higher-rank than ourselves and at the end of the day - its not worth it, cause we're all hot :P

ReputationRep:
    angus, thongs and perfect snogging

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    angus, thongs and perfect snogging
    good book :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    say: "wanna ****"

either intimidated by you confidence or score.

he's met a thousand nice girls with a crush on him. stand out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    good book :ninja:
    people who say the book is better than the movie.

how pretentious!

Jeeves Jeeves! I need you Jeeves!

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing a him being too popular for you, I've learned that in the past few weeks.

x

ReputationRep:
    Contrary to popular belief, we guys don't care just about looks.

Add the guy on Facebook. It's a safe environment to start taking your first steps towards getting to know him and it'll probably give you a good indication of what he thinks of you.

ReputationRep:
    Men don't care whether a girl's popular or not. If you're cute and interesting, you have a pretty good shot at it.

ReputationRep:
    He can be out of your league though... if he's popular, he might be popular back at home and have loads of friends visit him and that would put you to the very back of his mind.. You'd almost be like a distance star in his infinite universe of milky way..

ReputationRep:
    AccountKiller

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it

Ok thanks for the advice everyone x

ReputationRep:
    Very few guys demerit girls in terms of popularity (the ones I know anyways) So long as you’re presentable, cute, unique and have things going for you (don’t bash, personal preferences). Add him, msg him and go from there. Whatever the case, don’t be needy, that’s the biggest turn off. If he isn’t inn to you, then just accept it and move on.

Loose that ‘I’m inferior attitude’, otherwise why should he go for you. Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.