The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Anyone heard from Exeter for English and French yet?

Hi there,

was just wondering if anyone had heard back from exeter university yet who have applied to the same course as me ( english and french or just plain english ). i applied on october 13th and still havent heard back :frown: worried its not good news...

if you've heard from them, did u get accepted/rejected? and what grades did they ask for? what are your a levels and predicted grades?

thanks! :p:
Hi, I heard a few days ago and got a conditional offer for AAA. Have you heard anything at all yet?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
a friend of mine got an offer for modern languages as well.. but she's an EB student. i think her offer was something like pass EB with 80-83% overall.
Reply 3
Ainsleyspaniel
Hi, I heard a few days ago and got a conditional offer for AAA. Have you heard anything at all yet?

Hey!! yeah i heard a few days ago too (on the 21st i think) with AAA offer as well! :wink:

is exeter going to be ur firm?

Congrats! :smile:
Well Done! Yeah I think it was then I heard too! I was starting to get worried as I also applied for straight English and heard from them the week before, so I was thinking it wasn't a good sign I hadn't heard from English and French!
Yeah I think Exeter will be my firm, it looks a good course. Will it be yours too do you think?
Reply 5
Ainsleyspaniel
Well Done! Yeah I think it was then I heard too! I was starting to get worried as I also applied for straight English and heard from them the week before, so I was thinking it wasn't a good sign I hadn't heard from English and French!
Yeah I think Exeter will be my firm, it looks a good course. Will it be yours too do you think?

Yep it will be! See you there in October then! :wink: :biggrin:

Where else did u apply to? did you get in for just straight english?
Reply 6
I just got an offer for English and French, do you know when the offer holders open day thing is?
Reply 7
oatmonkey
I just got an offer for English and French, do you know when the offer holders open day thing is?

no ive not had the confirmation letter from exeter yet... :s-smilie: what's your offer - AAA? will exeter be ur firm? :smile:
Reply 8
me either, it's probably soon though because I know some people going in early february. it's an AAA offer, I don't know if it's my firm though! where else did you apply? I still haven't heard from Warwick yet
Reply 9
oatmonkey
me either, it's probably soon though because I know some people going in early february. it's an AAA offer, I don't know if it's my firm though! where else did you apply? I still haven't heard from Warwick yet

yeah from just searching around the student room i think ones on feb 3rd, 17th..march something.. haha sorry not too helpful there :p:

wow looks like we all got AAA offers...i was actually expecting AAB from exeter but there you go..

i applied to oxford (interview but then rejection), Birmingham (ABB offer), Edinburgh (rejection - whatever.), exeter (AAA offer) and St Andrews (still waiting). and you?
Reply 10
I got rejected from oxford as well, Wadham college! Waiting for Warwick, but i've got offers from Nottingham (AAB), Exeter and Sussex (AAA / A*BB) so all is well, which oxford college did you apply to?
oatmonkey
I got rejected from oxford as well, Wadham college! Waiting for Warwick, but i've got offers from Nottingham (AAB), Exeter and Sussex (AAA / A*BB) so all is well, which oxford college did you apply to?

well i applied to worcester but it was oversubscribed and they pooled me to St Catherines ( word of advice; NEVER apply to st catz. EVER! )...terrible place!! i quickly learned oxford was NOT for me...

Oh you've got some good offers there.! congrats!
I applied to Warwick and still haven't heard anything either. My other 3 choices were straight English and so far I've had an offer from Exeter and not heard from Durham or Bristol yet.
Reply 13
thanks :smile: st catz does sound bad! and relieved warwick are generally not giving out english offers yet, we'll have to wait and see
I got an offer for straight English, but to their Cornwall campus, so its AAB.
Trying to find out more about it to see if it's as good :/ only have one other offer so far so considering going for it.
Soooo far away, though.
Reply 15
I also have an offer from both Exeter and Warwick for English and French. Any developments on your fronts? Warwick responded to me yesterday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending