Turn on thread page Beta

Long term advice (University related) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supfresh.)
    It's a lot more than that. If you failed to see that then that's a shame.

Well not really, I'm entitled to my own opinion and I've just taken from elongated thread that your being lazy. You even say you cba to do your work, but if you've got such 'natural intellect' you'd see that putting some work in would be worth it.

My friends dad died of cancer a month before his AS exams and they had a well close family, he gets down like obviously you would but still does the work and has a social life and stuff and now hes at Durham which is like an amazing uni.

It's not lack of sympathy, but I think that based on what your saying, your being ******** lazy as. Your basically saying everyone who loses someone should just settle but tbh it should spur you on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollo_17)
    Well not really, I'm entitled to my own opinion and I've just taken from elongated thread that your being lazy. You even say you cba to do your work, but if you've got such 'natural intellect' you'd see that putting some work in would be worth it.

My friends dad died of cancer a month before his AS exams and they had a well close family, he gets down like obviously you would but still does the work and has a social life and stuff and now hes at Durham which is like an amazing uni.

It's not lack of sympathy, but I think that based on what your saying, your being ******** lazy as. Your basically saying everyone who loses someone should just settle but tbh it should spur you on.
    You're just making a hasty generalisation based upon one of your friends. 'And they had a well close family' i don't. I don't get down, i get depressed, big difference. Yes i've admitted that i was/am lazy, but quite clearly that hasn't been the problem over the last year. And no i'm not basically that at all. Seriously if you're going to respond to a serious post, you should read it first. Y

ReputationRep:
    You're just making a hasty generalisation based upon one of your friends. 'And they had a well close family' i don't. I don't get down, i get depressed, big difference. Yes i've admitted that i was/am lazy, but quite clearly that hasn't been the problem over the last year. And no i'm not basically that at all. Seriously if you're going to respond to a serious post, you should read it first. Y

Wtf dont be a diick, I did read your post, all 10 billion characters. If its that SERIOUS maybe you should get some real help and not stick in on a forum..

Its not a generalisation, that was my point wasnt, that this happens to a lot of people, and the world just doesnt stop and get lazy. I spoke to him the other night and he was like yeah you do get depressed but whats the point of being down about something you cant change?

Don't go OTT this is basically an opinion site, not just all one way, your saying your all clever and **** but tbh if you even are then you should do something about it. Your never gonna get over it so what, your just gonna be lazy for ever...brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf dont be a diick, I did read your post, all 10 billion characters. If its that SERIOUS maybe you should get some real help and not stick in on a forum..

Its not a generalisation, that was my point wasnt, that this happens to a lot of people, and the world just doesnt stop and get lazy. I spoke to him the other night and he was like yeah you do get depressed but whats the point of being down about something you cant change?

Don't go OTT this is basically an opinion site, not just all one way, your saying your all clever and **** but tbh if you even are then you should do something about it. Your never gonna get over it so what, your just gonna be lazy for ever...brilliant.
    Heh, i wish i could try and emphasise with what you've written, but really you're just being an ignorant fool. Which is what i was going to say before, but i was trying to be nice. Sticking it on a forum is a great way about it, because of this i've been contacted by a person who's been through the same thing as me, which is incredibly beneficial. Seriously stay out of this thread, and for the benefit of others, don't post in any serious threads, you clearly have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, i wish i could try and emphasise with what you've written, but really you're just being an ignorant fool. Which is what i was going to say before, but i was trying to be nice. Sticking it on a forum is a great way about it, because of this i've been contacted by a person who's been through the same thing as me, which is incredibly beneficial. Seriously stay out of this thread, and for the benefit of others, don't post in any serious threads, you clearly have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Okay well, quite frankly, your annoying me considerably, and to quote you, I've been trying to be reasonable in my opinion, which I can have since its an opinion based forum, but your quite obviously not able to comprehend anything that doesn't run with your train of thought.

People have been through things ALOT worse than you, I'm sure youve had support from friends and family and this is a fair duration of time on an your still 'so depressed you cant be bothered to work'. Maybe you should get some REAL advice ie counciling, or accept horrible stuff happens and thats life unfortnetly and try to move on, otherwise your just gonna be the lazy c*unt that you are atm.

I dont really take to any attempt at guilt tripping and as i have already explained, it is terrible when something like this happens, but WTF this happens to millions of kids all over the world every year and they dont just stop doing **** so get ******* motivated.

ReputationRep:
    Okay well, quite frankly, your annoying me considerably, and to quote you, I've been trying to be reasonable in my opinion, which I can have since its an opinion based forum, but your quite obviously not able to comprehend anything that doesn't run with your train of thought.

People have been through things ALOT worse than you, I'm sure youve had support from friends and family and this is a fair duration of time on an your still 'so depressed you cant be bothered to work'. Maybe you should get some REAL advice ie counciling, or accept horrible stuff happens and thats life unfortnetly and try to move on, otherwise your just gonna be the lazy c*unt that you are atm.

I dont really take to any attempt at guilt tripping and as i have already explained, it is terrible when something like this happens, but WTF this happens to millions of kids all over the world every year and they dont just stop doing **** so get ******* motivated.
    Finally, a reasonable response. Look, the problem is although many people go through a similar thing or worse things, it doesn't mean that they should react better or worse than me. You've assumed i've had support from friends and family? How can you make that assumption. Quite the opposite actually, i've tried to hide the depression for a long time now and it's only now that it's starting to become visible and noticeable. Now that i understand how bad it is i AM going to get counseling, i've already been to see my GP to make the arrangements. And as far for laziness, i'm not lazy anymore, i used to be, but it's not because i can't be arsed, it's because i haven't got a source of motivation. That used to be my farther, and until you've lost someone so close to you, you can't possibly understand. And believe me all i want is to get motivated, to find something that motivates me. And this is actually what this thread is about (which you fail to notice) it's asking people to help me work out what motivates me. Please try not to see everything in black and white.

ReputationRep:
    Finally, a reasonable response. Look, the problem is although many people go through a similar thing or worse things, it doesn't mean that they should react better or worse than me. You've assumed i've had support from friends and family? How can you make that assumption. Quite the opposite actually, i've tried to hide the depression for a long time now and it's only now that it's starting to become visible and noticeable. Now that i understand how bad it is i AM going to get counseling, i've already been to see my GP to make the arrangements. And as far for laziness, i'm not lazy anymore, i used to be, but it's not because i can't be arsed, it's because i haven't got a source of motivation. That used to be my farther, and until you've lost someone so close to you, you can't possibly understand. And believe me all i want is to get motivated, to find something that motivates me. And this is actually what this thread is about (which you fail to notice) it's asking people to help me work out what motivates me. Please try not to see everything in black and white.

Again, a few points. First of all, your reflecting any 'ignorance' by assuming that I havent lost anyone close. Thats a big assumption and its quite frankly rude and tbh just because I wouldnt post it on a forum doesnt mean it hasnt happened.

I also think that 'not having a source of motivation', whatever way you look at it, is the polite and more flattering way of saying 'laziness'. You want to 'settle' for queens because you have no motivation to do exams again or whatever, which is ie cannot be bothered to do them again which is, laziness.

You also say your not sure anymore if you think going to a top uni is important to you since this has happened, if thats the case, go to Queens, settle, whats the problem?

And i assumed that you would have had SOME comfort or advice because thats generally what happens when something like this happens to a friend or someone in the family. I think thats a fairly logical judgement to make.

Furthermore I am not 'seeing thing in black and white', im just not seeing this subjectively because youve lost someone. Objectively, without being reduced to sympathies, you should either get the coucelling youve said you are going to get, settle for the uni youve been accepted into, or find a NEW motivation and get somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Responding to the first point.

-You've done the same thing numerous times if you look back at your posts, and by the way you are responding (Ignorantly) it is perfectly fair to assume you have never lost someone as close to you as i have. Otherwise you wouldn't be responding the way you are.

-Second point it's not laziness fool. A lack of motivation is a symptom of depression. You can be motivated but yet lazy at the same time.

-Third point, emphasis on the 'NOT SURE'...

-Fourth point, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, IT IS NOT EASY JUST TO GO AND FIND MOTIVATION.

Please don't post again, it's a waste of my time and energy, and probably yours...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.