Turn on thread page Beta

Hello,

Right now I'm in a little emotional clutter. Blabla only once had a girlfriend back in middle school, virgin... usual TSR stuff, whatever.

I kind of love my best female friend. I work hard to improve myself to become a better man for her so that I can finally propose to her this year.
    But I'm thinking more and more we are not really suited for each eather personality wise - or, we fit perfectly exactly because we are so different... I'm not sure.
    However, the main problem is, she wants to stay where she was born and raised and have a happy familiy as soon as possible while I plan on going aborad for an internship as well as a semester abroad AND doing my master in the Far East.
    So, even if everything works out concerning her, I'd propably give up on my dreams (I want to go abroad not only for study but also for fullfilling my dream sportswise [is this even an English word?^^]).

Well, so let's assume it doesn't work out with her but instead I'd have a go with another girl, it would be the same problem. Accordingly, I'm not really motivated to pay attentions to lady which is leading to me being lonely.
    I mean, I can go to my friend and we cuddle and are all lovey-dovey sometimes and I like it.

I'm wondering if I really want a girlfriend or just affection + sex. Should I just go and try to sleep with a random girl to find out? Or save up for my loved one and risk being virgin for another year or so?

Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    You're going to propose to someone you've never been in a relationship with!?

ReputationRep:
    Wait she's not your gf right now, and you are planning on proposing to her?

You sir, are a ******* loony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello,

Right now I'm in a little emotional clutter. Blabla only once had a girlfriend back in middle school, virgin... usual TSR stuff, whatever.

I kind of love my best female friend. I work hard to improve myself to become a better man for her so that I can finally propose to her this year.
    But I'm thinking more and more we are not really suited for each eather personality wise - or, we fit perfectly exactly because we are so different... I'm not sure.
    However, the main problem is, she wants to stay where she was born and raised and have a happy familiy as soon as possible while I plan on going aborad for an internship as well as a semester abroad AND doing my master in the Far East.
    So, even if everything works out concerning her, I'd propably give up on my dreams (I want to go abroad not only for study but also for fullfilling my dream sportswise [is this even an English word?^^]).

Well, so let's assume it doesn't work out with her but instead I'd have a go with another girl, it would be the same problem. Accordingly, I'm not really motivated to pay attentions to lady which is leading to me being lonely.
    I mean, I can go to my friend and we cuddle and are all lovey-dovey sometimes and I like it.

I'm wondering if I really want a girlfriend or just affection + sex. Should I just go and try to sleep with a random girl to find out? Or save up for my loved one and risk being virgin for another year or so?

Thanks for reading.
    Don't propose to her, it'll be a waste of money if she rejects, which she probably will because she'll be so freaked out. ASK HER OUT!! Then wait like 2 or 3 years or something minimum before proposing! You have no idea what it's like to be in a relationship by the sounds of it, let alone being married! Live a little, ask her out, if she says no, find someone else! You need to experience relationships before you just propose. I would probably laugh in someone's face if they proposed to me out of shock and fear! DO NOT PROPOSE!!!

ReputationRep:
    Erm...I'd at least go on a few dates before proposing...

ReputationRep:
    ignoring the fact you are planning on proposing right now!
    do not ever give up your dreams for someone that you are not even with and may not ever be! you will only ever regret it in years to come and hold them responsible. i dont know how old you are but there is no hurry to meet "the one" if that even exists!!! go and enjoy your life and try to achieve your dreams. someone will come along when you least expect it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.