Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm curvy and have trouble finding dresses that fit properly. And when I say curvy I don't mean fat lol I'm a size 10, have big breasts and have wide hips. If any of your know where I can buy decent dresses that don't a) make my boobs look massive and b) don't make me look soooo curvy. And any style tips for what I should be looking for. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Give us a pic so we can see what you look like.

Naked would be preferable :P We need to see how curvy you are.

ReputationRep:
    No dress is going to hide the fact that you have curves (and rightly so), so I'd look for styles with a cinched waist and deep neck line - a really feminine silhouette.

ReputationRep:
    Bravissimo do dresses specifically for curvy girls.

ReputationRep:
    i personally think dorothy perkins and zara are rather good. wrap style dresses are the best. dont go for minis - they make your hips look wider.

ReputationRep:
    it's not about a specific shop. It's just a finding a dress that suits your shape.

ReputationRep:
    You sound hourglass-y. Here!

Strapless dresses will suit you, as they wont hide your shoulders and will help to even out your hips. I'd avoid anything frilly, with bows or any added decoration. You want to bring attention to your waist, so empire-line dresses, deep V necklines are good. By empire line, I mean dresses that cinch in under your boobs and then drape down to the hem.

Like these:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you have a similar figure to me, I'd say always wear something that has sleeves or accentuates your shoulders, this balances out your hips. As for boobs, you can never truly hide them, but don't feel you have to swamp yourself. I love this dress:
    http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Origam...ort=-1&clr=Red

its simply, but will make the most of your waist without showing too much boob

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...6643&langId=-1

thats also really pretty, but a tad expensive!

I'll reply again if i see anything else

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the replies I'll take everything on board that you said. Thanks jellynubbin and punkyrocker especially. Fab advice! x

ReputationRep:
    Omg, I know how you feel!!
    You can't wear strapless, because your boobs need support and end up using about 8 safety pins to try and keep everything secure?
    Don't like wearing structured dresses as they make your hips look hoooooge?

ReputationRep:
    hi i am really curvy from the waist down but i find that tea dresses always even me out well as does my friend Alice who seems to fit your description perfectly! she also looks amazing with 50s style skirts so you may wish to try that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    Omg, I know how you feel!!
    You can't wear strapless, because your boobs need support and end up using about 8 safety pins to try and keep everything secure?
    Don't like wearing structured dresses as they make your hips look hoooooge?
    Lol soooo true! I had a fab strapless dress and it is the only one that ever looked good. Grown out of it though And I hate those clear "invisible" straps to keep strapless bras up properly :mad:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.