Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon or delete..

After finding out a guy i slept with has got chlamydia and didnt know at the time we were together.. I was just wondering if it is possible i coul have become infected even though we used a condom?? Might seem obvious but i just need abit of reassurance..

ReputationRep:
    Still possible. Go to your GP, or there are sexual health places that can send you a cup to pee in and they'll test you for it.

Even if it's unlikely, go get tested. Chlamydia doesn't have symptoms and could make you infertile in the future.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, the test is very simple and the treatment, if you do have it, is as well.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a pee-test, and if you have it, two weeks of anti-biotics. It's very easy to treat if you catch it early, but sometimes it has no symptoms. Go to a gum clinic, get checked properly, and be proud of being sexually responsible. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why everyone is saying you pee in a cup and have a two week course of antibiotics :confused:

When I went to the GUM clinic, I had an internal examination, got swabbed and there wasn't a cup of pee in sight! The person I'd slept with had already been to a different clinic and been semi-diagnosed with suspected Chlamydia so I got treated as a precaution anyway without the results - treatment was four pills, taken straight away and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I don't know why everyone is saying you pee in a cup and have a two week course of antibiotics :confused:

When I went to the GUM clinic, I had an internal examination, got swabbed and there wasn't a cup of pee in sight! The person I'd slept with had already been to a different clinic and been semi-diagnosed with suspected Chlamydia so I got treated as a precaution anyway without the results - treatment was four pills, taken straight away and that's it.
    Ah, fair enough. They always pee test you too at ours. And you can get chlamydia tests from pee, although I'm sure you can get it checked from swabs too. You can buy a chlamydia test from Boots, I think.

As to pills - may have got it wrong there. Oops! But a two week course of antibiotics should shift it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarainbow)
    Ah, fair enough. They always pee test you too at ours. And you can get chlamydia tests from pee, although I'm sure you can get it checked from swabs too. You can buy a chlamydia test from Boots, I think.
    Oh I wasn't saying that you're wrong about the urine tests, but I didn't want the OP to think that all they're going to do is test her urine and then totally brick it when they tell her otherwise. They will probably swab her and test for everything just to be thorough and to be on the safe side

Anyway OP, if you do get swabbed, it's nowhere near as bad as you'd imagine. The speculum looks scary but it's a similar size to a man's penis (or so I was told) and shouldn't be uncomfortable, just cold. You'll have two nurses there, one to swab and a chaperone to make sure you're okay The women that work there are generally absolutely lovely and they'll look after you. It's all over really quickly and you should definitely go.

ReputationRep:
    ^you can always ask for smaller ones too, actually. For anyone else who may be reading, and isn't comfortable with wang.

ReputationRep:
    Yes go or you will just keep worrying yourself.

ReputationRep:
    you can do a chlamydia test for free off the internet, freetest.me i think it is

ReputationRep:
    It's very unlikely but still a possibility....if you have it and leave it..it can cause damage!! The test is so quick and not a bother it's worth a check anyway! I have a long term boyfriend, went to a clinic to get some more of the contraceptive pill cos i ran out and they offered me one then and there...so i said what the hey...they are really not a big deal and even if you do have chlamydia..as long as you get it early it's simple to treat!! Go for peace of mind.....very unlikely..but if ur worried still go! Hope this helps

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.