Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where's all the consultancy threads?

If Investment Banking was a female, a lot of you guys on here would be on the sex offenders register. Your a little crazy about it

ReputationRep:
    I guess way less people do consultancy... or want to get into it..

ReputationRep:
    Those who say the least do the most, or so they say.

ReputationRep:
    Not many people here really care about Consultancy as much. In fact somebody was trying to get the two topics de-merged, so have a separate Consultancy thread.

ReputationRep:
    IB is a bigger industry (recruitment-wise) than Consultancy, but even so there are a couple of consultancy-only threads floating around. If you have anything useful to post/ask use those. No need to start a "Wow" thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    IB is a bigger industry (recruitment-wise) than Consultancy, but even so there are a couple of consultancy-only threads floating around. If you have anything useful to post/ask use those. No need to start a "Wow" thread.
    I just wanted to express my humour at the absolute IB freaks.

ReputationRep:
    IB is definetly the flavour of the moment.

Although I prefer consultancy, but then i love my job (90%) of the time. Although the bonuses bankers take home would be nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entrepreneur_NO1)
    I just wanted to express my humour at the absolute IB freaks.

Wow :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    IB is definetly the flavour of the moment.
    more like flavour of the last twenty years actually.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, IB is at it's lowest "flavour" now, than at any other time in the past decade (thereabouts)

ReputationRep:
    Consultancy is a more exclusive, prestigious industry, and mostly riff-raff frequent this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    more like flavour of the last twenty years actually.
    I meant specifically on TSR

The frequency with which GCSE students say they want to go into banking is pretty amusing, or maybe that's just me heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PorcineAviation)
    Consultancy is a more exclusive, prestigious industry, and mostly riff-raff frequent this forum.
    This

Seriously, though, it's probably just weight of numbers. So many people ask about IB that the forum is infested with it and it's hard for those interested in consulting to pick their way through it. This is why we are so keen to have the forums split apart from each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crafty bison)
    This

Seriously, though, it's probably just weight of numbers. So many people ask about IB that the forum is infested with it and it's hard for those interested in consulting to pick their way through it. This is why we are so keen to have the forums split apart from each other.
    Drop another post in the proposal thread. The latest admin suggestion was to potentially drop consultancy into the main forum which would be a disaster.

I think people tend to group IB and consultancy simply because they're both very competitive paths for high-flying graduates.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.