Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if ayone could give me a heads up to as what to expect.

This is what my teacher gave to us

"You will be asked to prepare a solution of copper(II) sulphate.

You will then carry out a number of chemical tests.

copper ions cu²+

copper metal"

What types of chemical tests are likely?

Its on thursday (teacher told us today!!!) so please help. I need to get this, the first two marks were not good enough and this is my last chance. help a guy in need wont you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregory14db)
    Just wondered if ayone could give me a heads up to as what to expect.

This is what my teacher gave to us

"You will be asked to prepare a solution of copper(II) sulphate.

You will then carry out a number of chemical tests.

copper ions cu²+

copper metal"

What types of chemical tests are likely?

Its on thursday (teacher told us today!!!) so please help. I need to get this, the first two marks were not good enough and this is my last chance. help a guy in need wont you?
    You are very funny, these might even have been covered somewhere in your course before; you might just be lazy to find them out or you just don't bother because you have got TSR.

Well, here are some head-ups,
    1) Hydroxide test with copper II ions - what does it give? colour?

2) copper is fairly unreactive, or is it?

3) preparing solution of copper(II) sulphate, that would be part of your practical too, there might be some calculations on mol there.

ReputationRep:
    Um thanks I think. No yeah thanks alot, that helps. I put this up straight away and then looked through my books. I'm thinking displacement mol stuff and adding metals and the such

ReputationRep:
    Um thanks I think. No yeah thanks alot, that helps. I put this up straight away and then looked through my books. I'm thinking displacement mol stuff and adding metals and the such
    i'm glad you did just that, what i told you won't be enough for you to get good marks. do observe closely in those experiments, as they are meant to be qualitative, and you are supposed to deduce something out from your observations.

ie if you get wrong observations(or didn't get at all) then you couldn't or wouldn't be able to deduce what the questions might ask.

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Did it this morning. Won't say what was in it because people do it at different times, but it was basic. 7 marks for observations, 2 for an equation (tricky one though) and 1 for deducing. I reckon i lost 1 mark on the deducement.

ReputationRep:
    Did it this morning. Won't say what was in it because people do it at different times, but it was basic. 7 marks for observations, 2 for an equation (tricky one though) and 1 for deducing. I reckon i lost 1 mark on the deducement.
    well at least your effort paid off.:yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.