Turn on thread page Beta

Fun, cheap exercise. Does it exist? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    tricking

ReputationRep:
    No kidding- in all seriousness- Adult hooping. It's a heavier hoop weighing about 1lb. The heavier it is and the larger the circumference the easier it is to keep up. (As the more mass the faster the momentum)
    It tones you up really well and you can learn amazing tricks if you want to.
    I'm in the Cambridge University fire troupe doing fire hooping and last sunday performed infront of 8,000 people.
    It is truly fun and easy.

ReputationRep:
    Any racket sport, and do a bit of running if you've got nothing else to do.

ReputationRep:
    Sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranbow99)

Even a trip to your local park with a few friends doing something active like football or basketball is good, and you have a laugh too! (This has reminded me of that Friends episode with the competitive American football game hehe )
    or the one where Ross players rugby in the park to impress that English girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everythingisthischance)
    No kidding- in all seriousness- Adult hooping. It's a heavier hoop weighing about 1lb. The heavier it is and the larger the circumference the easier it is to keep up. (As the more mass the faster the momentum)
    It tones you up really well and you can learn amazing tricks if you want to.
    I'm in the Cambridge University fire troupe doing fire hooping and last sunday performed infront of 8,000 people.
    It is truly fun and easy.
    How hard is it to learn? It must be really good for your stomach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou Reed)
    I think I've actually got it...POGO STICK!!
    Pogo sticks arent that fun because they can be really painful and dangerous:erm:.

ReputationRep:
    Walking

ReputationRep:
    Walk. Climb a tree. Play your wii. dance. run when nobody's around. do cartwheels. play tennis against a wall. skip with a rope or without. rolly-pollys. housework (not really fun but it keeps my mum in shape). gardening. I go fencing for £5 once a week.
    My advice is be flexable about the definiftion of fun when it comes to excerise and you'll find you have more of it just because of the increase in endorphins.

ReputationRep:
    I personally love cycling but I live in a really pretty area so it's nice to cycle and look around, but in a city it's less fun

ReputationRep:
    local councils are starting to build free 'outside gyms' in some areas, might be one near you?
    they have most the equipment you would find in a gym, just gets a bit cold out there!

ReputationRep:
    Cycle everywhere! Practical and fun

ReputationRep:
    Good fitness DVD's are fun !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamc)
    How hard is it to learn? It must be really good for your stomach
    It works wonders on your thighs, hips and stomach. People normally think that it's very hard because they've tried to hoop with tiny £2 hoops from asda.
    I can hoop on my foot while doing a shoulder-stand but I still find the crappy hoops hard.
    I've taught loads of my friends how to do it- it's really easy and doesn't feel like a chore
    Hope you try it! If you want to know good links, or how to make an adult hoop cheaply, just PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kink)
    The question asks it all really.

I've been to gyms before. I liked it because they were so nearby, if I felt lazy, I had no choice still. But they are so expensive!

What do you suggest? There must be something better than home exercises like running up and down stairs all day.
    Try watersports, or mountain biking.

ReputationRep:
    Sex its only expensive if you don't use protection.

ReputationRep:
    Try climbing, or clawing, i do both

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.