Turn on thread page Beta

Does wearing a lot of black look pretentious or odd? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If it's all very plain and basic - black polo neck top with straight cut black trousers and boring black shoes and a characterless black jacket - then it's probably going to look a bit weird. If you wear this with a beret and talk high-browed jagon incessantly, then you'll probably look pretentious... but that's not the fault of the outfit really

Even if you have fabrics in different textures and fabrics, it would 'lift' it a bit and avoid the problem of making you look like a shadow with a face. A printed t-shirt is also great, or something with a cool neckline, or interesting sleeves (those last 2 ideas are probably more for girls...), or other interesting detail. And accessories with a bit of character, to break it up.

I'd still avoid wearing all black unless it was something really interesting in other ways. (Grey is a great way to start unleashing your wild, colourful side if you're a black-a-holic :p: - one of my friends told me that they associate me 'with that kind of very dark grey' :rolleyes: probably because my black clothes are old and faded...)

I do appreciate the irony of discussing this when I have 'ninja' in my username

ReputationRep:
    I wear quite a lot of black, but I try to add some colour inot the outfit to break it up a bit; like a coloured cardi, or a patterned top. If I'm going out for the night though, I quite often wear all black. It;s a colour I feel comfortable in and feel at my best whenI wear

Ruth xx

ReputationRep:
    Black is an amazing colour, it goes with everything!

ReputationRep:
    i like wearing black, and there are many advantages of wearing it. but if you overdo it.. you will be out od style.

ReputationRep:
    Black is good.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.