Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you deal with being bullied by people younger than you? watch

Please keep this anonymous, for obvious reasons. I am very embarrassed by this.

I work in a supermarket but get bullied by people maybe 5 years younger than me. They always gossip and bully me behind my back, but I don't really know what I have ever done wrong.

I am not perfect, but why would people try to rip me to shreds like a pack of wolves? I don't understand it and it is beginning to not only hurt me, but drive me mad literally (I lay on my bed talking to myself about it sometimes for hours).

I try to maintain the moral high ground by acting my age, but I cannot win against these younger people. I just do not know what to do next. When I finish my studies I am not immediately planning on leaving, so there's no quick escape.

Any advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore them. Why the **** do you care what these people think?

ReputationRep:
    Kick the **** out of them

ReputationRep:
    You are 5 years their senior. I say punch the mouthiest one, really give him a good kicking, it will scare the **** out of them all. They think they are tough, but if you show them what you are capable of they will back off. I can say this from past experiences, and contrary to what your teachers may say violence sometimes does solve problems.

EDIT They are only gossiping about you?? Don't attack them in this case. Just confront them, let them know you know what they're saying. And stay strong it will blow over.

ReputationRep:
    Because they know they can get to you...what they lack in age they make up for in numbers.

What are they teasing you about? Why not transfer to work in another supermarket or look for another job?

ReputationRep:
    Deal with it with so much tenacity, courage, speed and intelligence that they dont have a leg to stand on. Dont let it continue another second.

ReputationRep:
    beat the *******...beat them till they screaam

I have the same problem. I just ignore them. It's hard to take them seriously when they act like little children, and I can only conclude that they do it because:
    -they are bored, so aren't up to much with their lives, don't have purpose
    -they are insecure in themselves, so are just picking on somebody else to take the focus off their own shortcomings. they are at an age where insecurity is common
    -they are unhappy people

Think about it. What must they be like to do this to you? Probably unfulfilled, insecure people.

I reckon you should just take the higher ground. I reckon you should like these people who take the piss out of you, maybe even care about them and their insecurities. If you just like them, you'll feel better because:
    -you'll know that you're a decent person.
    -there will be fewer negative things in the world, from your point of view. if you start feeling negative about people and disliking them, you'll start seeing the world as a bad place. If you just like them all, you'll have a more positive view on life, since you'll see more good, and you'll be winning

ReputationRep:
    You slap them upside the head :P:

ReputationRep:
    just ignore it or try and get one over on them that they don't expect

ReputationRep:
    Kidnap one of them & beat em till their black n' blue!

Then...

Start with the others :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Do what a few people stated.

Punch the **** out of them, You'll always be seen as the easy target stand your ground and your fight they won't do it again. You may be outnumbered but when you've gave the first one a nasty right hook I can't see the others doing much if you don't think you can do it on your own phone a few friends, We all have those type of friends that will help us when we need it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.