Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help my dad has seen something he shouldn't watch

Announcements

This might sound petty/no big deal but Im really embarrased that my dad has seen something that no one but me should see. I have a vibrator/rabbit I was using it before and took it to the bathroom to clean it. I thought Id clean my teeth and get my hairspray out the cupboard while there so put it on the side of the bath and heard my dad comming upstairs he gets annoyed when im in the bathroom and he wants to go in so I put my toothbrush in the cupboard grabbed the hairspray and went out thinking I'l go in after. Then I remembered Id forgot the vibrator and felt like I was gonna faint I just got all worked up cause he will have seen it on the side of the bath. He's not one to say anything about embarassing moments he just sort of minds his own business but the fact that he will have seen it has left me really embarrased. Im obviously going to just not mention it but I can't get rid of the embarrased feeling:confused: Part of me wonders if he saw it at all but it can't not be seen its pink and was on the side of the bath my bathroom is tiny the bath is right next to the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    Unless he asks what it does, just leave the subject alone (or say it's an electric toothbrush and that you left it out so you could replace the head?). He should accept that you're growing up and that, sometimes, this comes as part of it (no pun intended). He might not even bring it up because he's as embarrassed as you. That will fade away in time

ReputationRep:
    aww i feel for you!!!

and I HATE HAVING PEOPLE WAIT FOR ME TO LEAVE THE BATHROOM!!!

maybe he didnt guess what it was... but if he hasnt said anything hes simply accepting it. I mean if you ever have a child will tings get awkward because your dad knows a penis entered your vagina or a baby came out of it?

ReputationRep:
    Yay I'm not the only idiot, I left mine out in the bathroom too last night and forgot about it..when I came home today an electrician was in my bathroom fixing the light. I have no idea if he saw it.

ReputationRep:
    Awkward... but you can't change the past, he's probs just as embarassed as you are, if he saw it, that is. Just don't bring it up and try and act as nothing happened.

ReputationRep:
    He might not have seen it. Even if the bath is right next to the toilet, if he wasn't looking in that direction it's a possibility!

Just don't let it get awkward. Assume he didn't see it and act normal.

i've done that an ashaming amount of times x_x

(Original post by ipulledhermione)
    aww i feel for you!!!

and I HATE HAVING PEOPLE WAIT FOR ME TO LEAVE THE BATHROOM!!!

maybe he didnt guess what it was... but if he hasnt said anything hes simply accepting it. I mean if you ever have a child will tings get awkward because your dad knows a penis entered your vagina or a baby came out of it?
    Thats true, except its really weird and makes me look sad because i never have any bf's, not yet anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend it didn't happen. Don't mention it unless he asks and says it's a 'woman thing' or words to that effect and leave it at that. Most men don't/won't probe (pardon the pun) when you use that kind of phrase in regard to something.

ReputationRep:
    Girls touch themselves, I'm sure your dad knows this. I wouldn't worry about it. no need to be embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    I've done the same thing!

Just don't address it, and the embarrassment will pass.

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel any better, he might have tried it out on himself.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until your birthday when he buys you a 50 pack of duracell....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gez1990)
    Unless he asks what it does, just leave the subject alone (or say it's an electric toothbrush and that you left it out so you could replace the head?). He should accept that you're growing up and that, sometimes, this comes as part of it (no pun intended). He might not even bring it up because he's as embarrassed as you. That will fade away in time
    I've had a feeling that a man above the age of 30 is going to be able to tell the difference between a tooth brush and a giant dildo. jesus.

ReputationRep:
    Dad seen your vibrator? Ask TSR.

ReputationRep:
    HA, there are some epic puns/inuendos coming here.

Maybe he thought it was your mum's. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranDJ)
    I've had a feeling that a man above the age of 30 is going to be able to tell the difference between a tooth brush and a giant dildo. jesus.
    I was actually trying to make the OP feel better with a joke, but if you have any advice feel free to input... ¬_¬

(Original post by tropical-twist3)
    Yay I'm not the only idiot, I left mine out in the bathroom too last night and forgot about it..when I came home today an electrician was in my bathroom fixing the light. I have no idea if he saw it.
    :hubba:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe he used it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he's a 'wise' old man, and if he did notice it then he'll move on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.