Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Where has all the music gone? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xands)
    You make a good point actually, so many "4 chord songs" out at the moment its driving me bloody nuts. If you don't what I mean check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpB_40hYjXU
    That was fantastic!

Boooorrriing.
    Go cry about it somewhere else, there's some many of these complaining threads that it's getting as boring as the songs :p:

ReputationRep:
    Musical imperialism is so last decade. People who complain about popular music because they think it makes them cool deserve to be annoyed and detatched from the supposed "inanity" of the mainstream. Music is so subjective and occasional and pretending that music is all about deep lyrics is nonsense because it completely nullifies the classical and dance genres for a start. Complaining about pop music is the hallmark of immature narrow minded middle class teenagers who think they know everything about the world when infact they know nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxy402)
    top 40 lists are made in response to sales and mass listening.........and as i see it 'the masses are the asses' so yes good music is in danger of extinction. I mean we have got so much crap these days.........Rap music being a prime example.

By rap I think you mean pop! I'm glad you didn't say Hip Hop though as there are still some very strong artists these days.

Jazz Liberatorz, A Tribe Called Quest, Mos Def. But if you're talking about 50 Cent, The Game, etc then I agree 100%

Find the music yourself, the stuff you love will hardly ever be handed to you on a plate as happens with the charts. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    To people who say look elsewhere, yes popular demand is less sophisticated, they just want easy-listening, but in previous decades I say if it was any good it would become mainstream through demand, and that would make the artists money and allow further development.

Harder to find stuff used to be more experimental.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.