Turn on thread page Beta

Pulling guys when out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If she's not made any commitments relationship-wise, then no. It's not a slutty thing, it's just her being promiscuous. If she has commitments, then yeah, she's being a fair bit of a slut.

By pull I mean just a kiss nothing else, and not all the time, just when aproached by someone they think is attractive, but doesn't go any further?

by definition it's slutty.
    the question is whether there's anything wrong with being slutty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    This is like one of the least thought out posts ever. I mean seriously, what the hell? You can only think a girl is a "slut" when she's doing something she doesn't want to do?
    Perhaps so. I've been revising all day and I'm tired. I just meant girls shouldn't be made to feel like a 'slut' just because she likes to have sex. Men don't have to worry about being a slut if they sleep with many different women - they'd more likely be praised. Even male equivalents to the word, such as 'man whore' are usually used in a jokey manner. It's the sexual double standard I find unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KITANA91)
    Pull=make out
    ..French Kiss..

lol umm i dunno, whether im wasted or not i never make the first move so usually the other way around..i think its a bit desperate if you pull EVERY single guy that comes your way..have a bit of class and actually choose the ones you like..maybe?
    Thanks in that case then

No

ReputationRep:
    No it's not, IMO, it's a free world, if girls want to pull guys then they should be able to without fearing someone's going to judge her or call her a slut. I hate to bring it up...but if it were the other way around i doubt it would be the same.

ReputationRep:
    If you're okay with catching mouth aids then go for it.

PC people out there. I say mouth aids as a slang term. Don't keke on my wuwu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Why should it be a problem if she wants to be 'slutty'? In the 21st century, we should have moved away from oppressing women through sexuality.

It's nothing like not calling Hitler a '****', as being a slut doesn't hurt anyone, or have any negative consequences. As long as condoms are used anyway.
    I never actually said being a slut is a problem. If the girl doesn't think its a problem either, then she shouldn't care if people think she's being one, as in her opinion shes right, which is all that matters to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    No it's not, IMO, it's a free world, if girls want to pull guys then they should be able to without fearing someone's going to judge her or call her a slut. I hate to bring it up...but if it were the other way around i doubt it would be the same.

No emma you're right to bring it up. I'm a guy, i dont consider myself slutty and I tend to pull on most nights out but i never go out with that intention. If I meet an interesting girl then I talk to her, if I dont then I dont...
    Pulling isnt slutty its just if you meet someone you find interesting then whats wrong with kissing them if you both like each other and find them interesting?

IMO it should only be considered slutty if thats why you're going out, to find someone to pull.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Pull = snog/get off with, then I can't have a problem with it without being hypocritical - though I do think my ways were a little damaging on myself as became apparent when I hit relationshipsville again

if Pull = have sex with, then yes I think it is slutty,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    I never actually said being a slut is a problem. If the girl doesn't think its a problem either, then she shouldn't care if people think she's being one, as in her opinion shes right, which is all that matters to her.
    For some reason, some girls seem to have a disproportionate concern with other peoples opinions of them. I mean girls who don't give a **** whether people think they are 'slutty' or not, seem to do just fine - which makes it harder for me to understand the fact, that for these other girls, it's serious buisness.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what I (or anyone else) thinks. Do what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    There's just no place for words like 'slut' in today's society.
    If its consensual and safe then no one should judge a woman for having sex, no matter how often or who with.
    I agree completely with whoever said labels like that are just a form of sexual repression, you'll never hear men being negatively evaluated for promiscuity.
    It's not on!

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    Vice versa situation- I wouldn't look for the kind of girl I want to me outside a nightclub at 3 am with a gurn on

ReputationRep:
    Cover yourself up ( I don't mean extremist islamic style) and wear no make up, then you won't pull when you always go out, unless you are a freaking goddess.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.