Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clashing BEd interview dates! Can I do anything? watch

Announcements
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I have a problem with my interviews for BEd Primary at Marjon and Brighton. Brighton offered me an interview before Christmas for February 24th, which I have already accepted. On the 13th Jan Marjon offered me an interview for 27th Jan which I unfortunately cannot attend due to my work not allowing me anymore time off for interviews in January. Anyway I requested another date from Marjon last week and thought I'd call them today to see if they had placed me yet. Was told by admissions that I wasn't on the list for 3rd Feb which meant I would be interviewed on Feb 24th! However they don't send invites out until 10 days before.

    So....that is my problem...it doesn't seem appropriate to turn around to Brighton after accepting and say I can't do that date, but neither can I tell Marjon that I can't do a 2nd offer either

    What do you guys think, should I attempt to rearrange with one of them at the risk of them not being able to interview me, or make a decision about which one to attend?! Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemms_86)
    But neither can I tell Marjon that I can't do a 2nd offer either
    Yes you can Seeing as though all primary ed interviews seem to be on a wednesday, applying to 5 places at the same time leaves a massive opportunity for the interviews clashing with each other, never mind clashing with other life commitments. Universities will understand this. Give the uni a ring and explain the situation and see if they can tell you over the phone if there are any other dates available as this saves them posting out another letter just for it to clash again. I rang up Northampton for resceduling an interview (it may have even been the second reschedule, can't quite remember) and they just said to pick any date that was available and confirm this date on the reply slip. It wasn't a huge issue, don't worry.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Well I rang Marjon today and explained the situation and was told that if I couldn't make the 24th then the next available date after that would probably be the end of March and chances of getting a place would be a lot slimmer as they plan to have pretty much filled the course by then! So that didn't fill me with a huge amount of confidence! I told the woman to keep me available for the 24th in that case so looks like i'm going to have to make a decision either way.
    Starting to really regret declining the January interview and telling my work I was going, like it or not! Do you think there is anyway I could now go to Brighton and try to arrange another date? It's annoying as I haven't decided which would be my preferred university and was hoping the interview day would be my chance to get a feel for them and make a decision. Oh dear
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Yes, try ringing Brighton and see if you can rearrange. If you explain the situation they may be able to accommodate.
 
 
 
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.