Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm going to Roehampton Uni this September after having a gap year.
    I was just wondering if anyone that's also having a gap year has heard anything from the uni about their course or been sent their student ID? Just getting a bit panicky now that applying for accomodation is getting close and i'll need my student id for that.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You wont get your student ID card until you've actually arrived at Roehampton, you'll get it during freshers/registration week. Your Student ID number though should appear on letters that have been sent to you by Roehampton, it should be in the top right hand corner of the page somewhere, begin with the first three letters of your surname and then 8 other numbers.
    Hope this helps, ring the uni if you can find your id number and they should tell you

ReputationRep:
    I've just selected Roe as my firm offer.. I really don't know about the student ID thing.
    I've sent the accommodation people an email though asking how exactly we apply for it, seeing as I've received an application for it from another university some kind of welcome package should be coming in the post around the end of Feb I would have thought.
    We can apply from April I think, so student ID may take a little while!

I'll let you know what the accommodation people say though.
    What accommodation are you applying for?

Lizzie

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thanks for the replies. I emailed the accommodation people a few days ago and they got back to me saying we'll be able to apply from April like you said Lizzie. I'll be applying for Lee House, although i expect pretty much everyone will be lol. Not sure on where else though, i wasn't really a big fan of the long corridor ones.
    How about you?

Charlotte (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm a student that works in the library at Roehampton, as someone said you wont get your student ID until you arrive, usually the 3rd or 4th day of freshers week.
    I lived in Lee House in my first year, lovely place to live, however I recon it's alot less sociable than Bede for example simply due to the amount of people on one floor.
    Any questions don't hesitate to ask

ReputationRep:
    I've just made Roehampton my firm offer, can anyone tell me when you have to start applying for accomodation? I'm abit confused about the ID number too because Roe has sent me everything via email x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've just made Roehampton my firm -- how exciting! Just started looking at accommodation -- kind of a scary thought that we have to chose our home for the next year soon!!! But I'm also SO excited! I'm applying for accommodation at Froebel because I'm going to be studying Primary Education and that's where all the education peeps will be!! How excited is everyone!?!?! I'm a bit confused though because I got an e-mail from Roehampton the other day, after I made them my firm, it was like a general e-mail/newsletter type thing and it said that we can start applying for accommodation in February? And then I looked on the website and it says keep checking back because you'll be able to apply soon! What a confuffle!!!

- Jess

ReputationRep:
    Roehampton finally sent me my student number about 2 weeks ago. The accomodation application came online a few days ago so i was able to apply. I'm now not really that fussed about where i live...i applied for Digby Stuart, ensuit first choice but i'll just have to wait and see (:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.