Any another blokes out there who dont like beer?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I tend to find that I'm the only guy who doesnt like beer when i'm out with friends.... i like wine, and cider, but i just find the taste of beer (lager esp) really rank, with a bad aftertaste as well. Is there anyone else who has similar feelings?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
I tend to find that I'm the only guy who doesnt like beer when i'm out with friends.... i like wine, and cider, but i just find the taste of beer (lager esp) really rank, with a bad aftertaste as well. Is there anyone else who has similar feelings?
ummm no.
not1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
beer doesnt taste very nice to start with, but you learn to like it after a while (a couple years in my case lol). i prefer ale nowadays.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
beer doesnt taste very nice to start with, but you learn to like it after a while (a couple years in my case lol). i prefer ale nowadays.
i back up edders, the first couple of times you have it it is rank, but you get used to it (especially as it is reasonably cheap to drink)
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
Yeh yopu get used to it.
I try to stick with wine tho - its alot cheaper to get drunk on, and you dont tend to get the beer ****s the morning after
J
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i back up elpaw,
elapw?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Yeh yopu get used to it.
I try to stick with wine tho - its alot cheaper to get drunk on, and you dont tend to get the beer ****s the morning after
J
Yeah but hten you end up drinking the same as the girls and you get more beer for your money.
NickNack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
i cant stand beer, lager or wine so im even more freaky (they all make me feel sick at the tast of them) i can drink spirits tho.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
Initially, yes.

Just keep practicing... not that I'm condoning alcoholism. :cool:
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by NickNack)
i cant stand beer, lager or wine so im even more freaky (they all make me feel sick at the tast of them) i can drink spirits tho.
do you drink smirnoffs and reefer then, some ppl cant stand the taste of alchol they need it to taste like thier lemonade
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
i back up elpaw, the first couple of times you have it it is rank, but you get used to it (especially as it is reasonably cheap to drink)
how long's the transition period? ciders quite cheap as well, and alot of the mixed stuff like smirnoffs etc is nice (and wuts wrong with drinking what girls drink besides the fact that its more expensive)
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Me neither, I don't like the taste of alcohol.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
how long's the transition period? ciders quite cheap as well, and alot of the mixed stuff like smirnoffs etc is nice (and wuts wrong with drinking what girls drink besides the fact that its more expensive)
its more expensive and takes longer to get drunk on unless ur a lightweight. My tansition period was about 4 beers but for some its been like 15 pints.
not1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
alcopops (reef, smirnoff ice etc.) are 1) a ripoff and 2) dont taste very alcoholic. i never buy them... i get spirit shots instead (eg rum + coke)
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
erm yes....but since im not a bloke...i dont count
Maskall.
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)

Sad *******. I used to always drink cider, but always liked beer too. My drink of choice now is Stella Artois. TRY RED BULL AND DOUBLE SHOT OF VODKA DATS NICE!

But if you're a girl and can't drink beer maybe you should stick to the alcopops like a girl!
not1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
double v and redbull looks disgusting to me. red bull tastes horrid and gives me a headache. vodka is good though.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
double v and redbull looks disgusting to me. red bull tastes horrid and gives me a headache. vodka is good though.
yes butt hing is, vodka gets you pissed. And red bull gives you energy, so you are pissed and energetic at the same time!
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
Yeah but hten you end up drinking the same as the girls and you get more beer for your money.
Quantity of liquid yeh, but not alcohol. Think about it, it takes 4 or 5 pints to get merry, but about a bottle and you're tipsy
Cost bottle - 4/5 quid (and thats an ok bottle from a supermarket)
cost lager - if you can get a pint for a quid you're very lucky!!! it costs 1.70 here
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Maskall.)
Sad *******. I used to always drink cider, but always liked beer too. My drink of choice now is Stella Artois. TRY RED BULL AND DOUBLE SHOT OF VODKA DATS NICE!

But if you're a girl and can't drink beer maybe you should stick to the alcopops like a girl!
not a red bull fan, tastes rank. however, the equivalent drink in new zealand is 'V' mixed with vodka, OR cheap sparkling wine and 'V'.
very nice.
cant beat a good bottle of white (or a double vodka coke)
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (157)
45.51%
Take exams next summer (52)
15.07%
Change uni choice through clearing (82)
23.77%
Apply to uni next year instead (38)
11.01%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.64%

Watched Threads