Turn on thread page Beta

Any another blokes out there who dont like beer? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I tend to find that I'm the only guy who doesnt like beer when i'm out with friends.... i like wine, and cider, but i just find the taste of beer (lager esp) really rank, with a bad aftertaste as well. Is there anyone else who has similar feelings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    I tend to find that I'm the only guy who doesnt like beer when i'm out with friends.... i like wine, and cider, but i just find the taste of beer (lager esp) really rank, with a bad aftertaste as well. Is there anyone else who has similar feelings?
    ummm no.

ReputationRep:
    beer doesnt taste very nice to start with, but you learn to like it after a while (a couple years in my case lol). i prefer ale nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    beer doesnt taste very nice to start with, but you learn to like it after a while (a couple years in my case lol). i prefer ale nowadays.
    i back up edders, the first couple of times you have it it is rank, but you get used to it (especially as it is reasonably cheap to drink)

Yeh yopu get used to it.
    I try to stick with wine tho - its alot cheaper to get drunk on, and you dont tend to get the beer shits the morning after
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    i back up elpaw,
    elapw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Yeh yopu get used to it.
    I try to stick with wine tho - its alot cheaper to get drunk on, and you dont tend to get the beer shits the morning after
    J
    Yeah but hten you end up drinking the same as the girls and you get more beer for your money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i cant stand beer, lager or wine so im even more freaky (they all make me feel sick at the tast of them) i can drink spirits tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    Initially, yes.

Just keep practicing... not that I'm condoning alcoholism. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    i cant stand beer, lager or wine so im even more freaky (they all make me feel sick at the tast of them) i can drink spirits tho.
    do you drink smirnoffs and reefer then, some ppl cant stand the taste of alchol they need it to taste like thier lemonade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    i back up elpaw, the first couple of times you have it it is rank, but you get used to it (especially as it is reasonably cheap to drink)
    how long's the transition period? ciders quite cheap as well, and alot of the mixed stuff like smirnoffs etc is nice (and wuts wrong with drinking what girls drink besides the fact that its more expensive)

ReputationRep:
    Me neither, I don't like the taste of alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    how long's the transition period? ciders quite cheap as well, and alot of the mixed stuff like smirnoffs etc is nice (and wuts wrong with drinking what girls drink besides the fact that its more expensive)
    its more expensive and takes longer to get drunk on unless ur a lightweight. My tansition period was about 4 beers but for some its been like 15 pints.

ReputationRep:
    alcopops (reef, smirnoff ice etc.) are 1) a ripoff and 2) dont taste very alcoholic. i never buy them... i get spirit shots instead (eg rum + coke)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    erm yes....but since im not a bloke...i dont count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

Sad *******. I used to always drink cider, but always liked beer too. My drink of choice now is Stella Artois. TRY RED BULL AND DOUBLE SHOT OF VODKA DATS NICE!

But if you're a girl and can't drink beer maybe you should stick to the alcopops like a girl!

ReputationRep:
    double v and redbull looks disgusting to me. red bull tastes horrid and gives me a headache. vodka is good though.

ReputationRep:
    double v and redbull looks disgusting to me. red bull tastes horrid and gives me a headache. vodka is good though.
    yes butt hing is, vodka gets you pissed. And red bull gives you energy, so you are pissed and energetic at the same time!

(Original post by JSM)
    Yeah but hten you end up drinking the same as the girls and you get more beer for your money.
    Quantity of liquid yeh, but not alcohol. Think about it, it takes 4 or 5 pints to get merry, but about a bottle and you're tipsy
    Cost bottle - 4/5 quid (and thats an ok bottle from a supermarket)
    cost lager - if you can get a pint for a quid you're very lucky!!! it costs 1.70 here
    J

(Original post by Maskall.)
    Sad *******. I used to always drink cider, but always liked beer too. My drink of choice now is Stella Artois. TRY RED BULL AND DOUBLE SHOT OF VODKA DATS NICE!

But if you're a girl and can't drink beer maybe you should stick to the alcopops like a girl!
    not a red bull fan, tastes rank. however, the equivalent drink in new zealand is 'V' mixed with vodka, OR cheap sparkling wine and 'V'.
    very nice.
    cant beat a good bottle of white (or a double vodka coke)
    J

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2004
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.