Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why'd I feel sooo depressed??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I came on here to get randoms advice. I feel like im driving myself mad. :eek3: I actually feel so rubbish in myself. I have like, the lowest self-esteem issues in the world and I drive myself bonkers! I suffer insomnia, feel rubbish all the time and I don't know really what to do to feel better. To top it off my uni class is full of geeks and I don't feel like the people in my class are the people I could class as a mate. I used to get bullied so Im a pretty messed up girlie!

ReputationRep:
    Have a cookie.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, but I hope you feel better soon : (

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I have no advice, but OMG, I feel the exact same as this. Here's a hug though :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Ok well I suffer from this quite badly as well. I had some things in my past that always have bugged me plus I also get serious seasonal depression when its cold. Literally when it was snowing I could be so depressed I was unable to move for days. What I suggest is do as much exercise as possible and try meditation. Plus do sumthing that focuses you. Like for me my fix is pool. If im down i just go play pool. Ok so ill play for a few hours straight instead of just the usual few games but it actually helps relax you and channel that depression. Finally phone a friend. Like make sure its a girl tho cos guys cant do long phone convo's (I should know being a guy). Like I had a 2hr convo witha girl mate about the most random stuff and it seriously helps jus to relax u. Hope that all helps. Im not guarenteeing itl work for u but it helps me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceberglettuce)
    To top it off my uni class is full of geeks
    Sorry.. What?

Do you realise what forum you're posting on?

ReputationRep:
    listen to this

you'll feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    listen to this

you'll feel better
    Aha that made me smile at least, and I'm feeling pretty rubbish today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    Aha that made me smile at least, and I'm feeling pretty rubbish today.
    listen to this than

sure to make you laugh i hope!

ReputationRep:
    listen to this than

LOL! I may not be OP but it sure as hell made me laugh!

Chin up OP. It'll pass It's probably a mix of exam stress and January blues. Think about Summer Maybe go and join some clubs and societies? Meet new people and find something you really enjoy?

ReputationRep:
    I wish there was a quick fix for feeling like this, I really do. I think its maybe something you've got to work through and come out the other side when you're ready. Try and focus on the positive things about yourself and the things you like about your life.

ReputationRep:
    listen to this than

Haha that's amazing! Is that serious?! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same too OP Minus the geeky people in my class, I don't go to such a great Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Sorry.. What?

Do you realise what forum you're posting on?
    hHAHAHHAAHHHAA that was beautiful... repped

ReputationRep:
    Litterally, try to get your mind off everything, you really need to. As difficult as it sounds, but you really need to.

Like, new hobby, gym or just go clubbing or something. ANYTHING to pass the time without letting your mind wonder to depressing things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a non stop happy nutjob, but even I get a bit down with the constant gloominess of Winter...

ReputationRep:
    Try different activities and find a hobby you thoroughly enjoy. On top of that, find someone you can easily talk to - a sibling, perhaps - and just let it out. It does help a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    Haha that's amazing! Is that serious?! :eek3:
    lol yeah, couldnt stop laughin at that especially when she's wacking the handbag wtf. lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceberglettuce)
    Well I came on here to get randoms advice. I feel like im driving myself mad. :eek3: I actually feel so rubbish in myself. I have like, the lowest self-esteem issues in the world and I drive myself bonkers! I suffer insomnia, feel rubbish all the time and I don't know really what to do to feel better. To top it off my uni class is full of geeks and I don't feel like the people in my class are the people I could class as a mate. I used to get bullied so Im a pretty messed up girlie!
    What you need is a big long hard... sleep.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.