Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not a happy bunny in life to be honest. I never sleep and hae suffered insomnia for so long. My confidence is low. I don't really like myself much.

I just want to be normal...

Do you have any treatment for your sleeping? Also is anything else affecting it? Friends? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Parents? Work? School? Ask yourself these questions and if there is anything wrong think how you can fix them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceberglettuce)
    I'm just not a happy bunny in life to be honest. I never sleep and hae suffered insomnia for so long. My confidence is low. I don't really like myself much.

Seek medical help for your insomnia and make an effort to change your lifestyle/work on your confidence.

By 'it' I meant your happiness btw

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should try illegal narcotics?

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha for illegal narcotics lol

ReputationRep:
    For insomnia: drink milky drinks before bed, no sugary things in the evenings, exercise during the day, no tv/laptop too late, get into a proper pattern - don't nap during the day, have a bath before bed, at a set 'bedtime' make yourself go to bed even if you're not tired and lie there. Try to clear your mind.

If none of that helps, then perhaps go to the doctor's. I don't like advising the doctor when it could be solved by natural things like what I listed give it a go, OP. Once you start sleeping better, everything will look up. Fix the insomnia first, then the other issues. x

ReputationRep:
    you're a clever bunny, i'll give you that

ReputationRep:
    Your symptoms are not exactly rare amongst teens. The best advice I can give you is to listen to the band you love the most.

Helps if its emoish. you could probably relate to the lyrics (apart from the extremes) if this is how your feeling. I know it sounds so stupid but it just reminds you every time you feel low, other people do to, and some people understand.

This is how I dealt with it. I said '****the world'. I'll keep myself to myself and listen to some music.

It worked out in the end.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with you.
    Have you got any friends you can talk to or anything?

ReputationRep:
    People often view insomnia as something that's to be endured, like it's a problem.
    It should be embraced :yep: live through the night dude, it's the best part of the day!

Who needs sleep anyway? think about it like this, let's say the average person spends almost half of the 24 hours sleeping...so whatever your age is in years, you've actually lived life through half of it, the other half of which you've spent laying down on a bed with your eyes closed. Waste of time I say :yep:

ReputationRep:

Insecurity. Once you realise you're insecure and know what it means, you can slowly start to break out of it

edit: oh and yeah, it usually helps if you know why you're insecure. o_o

ReputationRep:

I have idiopathic insomnia, which is the severest form of insomnia, as you have it your whole life. I used to actually catapult myself out of my cot all night as a kid and drove my parents crazy because I wouldn't sleep!

If you go to the doctors the only thing they can do is give you sleeping tablets and they are only a short term resolution because they can be addictive. If you're really finding it that hard to sleep you can try herbal sleeping pills? My mum takes these and she's out within about 30 minutes even when she's majorly stressed!

If not the only things that you can do is wind down about 3 hours before you want to go to bed e.g. turn off all electronic items, have a bath or shower, relax, read a book, you could try meditation as well? Give anything a shot. I was even advised to do slow, relaxing excercices in bed with each individual muscle. Apparently this relaxes the body. These are all things I've been recommended by doctors, psychiatrists, councillors etc. but unfortunately because I was basically born with insomnia nothing really works for me, it's something I've had to live with and get used to and just deal with really. It's quite handy at parties though I have to say but considering you only have transient/short-term insomnia these things should work for you. If they don't then you're probably not doing them right.

Something that does get me to have a BETTER night's sleep though is making sure that I'm really active all day! I go like shopping and on long walks and bike rides and play on my wii (active games e.g. wii fit and just dance). Just try everything! You'll soon get back to normal again!

Also, if you can identify the problem as to why you're not sleeping it would be a LOT easier, as you can work on the problem at the same time!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.