Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some are, some aren't.

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    are you OP..:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, but not always.

And as Jay Z said, "You know the type loud as a motor bike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight". It works the other way too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Some are, some aren't.

:dontknow:
    no **** sherlock

ReputationRep:
    Is there a difference between being a pushover and being agreeable?

Like, I have a few principles i stick to very stubbornly, but at the same time, I let people get away with whatever, as long as that action isnt contrary to my principles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Prussian Blues)
    Is there a difference between being a pushover and being agreeable?

Like, I have a few principles i stick to very stubbornly, but at the same time, I let people get away with whatever, as long as that action isnt contrary to my principles.
    I'd say it's different yes. Being a pushover is when you agree to something that discomforts or annoys you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not-another-number)
    Not particularly. Nice guys tend to be the pushovers.
    Define nice guy?

My own egotism aside, I would consider myself a pretty nice person, and I'm anything but a pushover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Define nice guy?

My own egotism aside, I would consider myself a pretty nice person, and I'm anything but a pushover.
    I just mean a 'nice' person who is afraid to upset their partner is more likely to let them walk over them.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience it's the overtly loud men who are often keener to please and impress others, to demonstrate that they're 'fun' to be around all the time, and always cheerful and in the mood to strike up small talk - which carries over into relationships.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what kind of a quiet they are. If they're the type that doesn't often talk because they hold back until they feel they have something worthwhile to say, that's the sign of a mature and very confident person. If however they don't speak up much because they are anxious then they are usually pushovers (and not my type at all!).

Then there are the guys who are just shy but open up loads when you talk to them and are actually pretty confident also.

So like I said, it depends on the type of quiet that they are.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a quiet guy, you're more likely to be a pushover than any other type.
    It's all in the Body Language

ReputationRep:
    Some are, some arnt. It all depends really.

ReputationRep:
    Some are?

Some aren't?

How on earth are we going to answer that stupid question =/

ReputationRep:
    Quiet Guys != Pushovers
    Pushovers == Pushovers

ReputationRep:
    Some will be.

But others won't. Have you not heard of the 'strong and silent type'? There's also lots of guys who may seem quiet but have strong principles nonetheless and stick to them.

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys & quiet guys (and girls for that matter) tend to be push overs, but only get treated badly by the people who dont matter so its not all bad
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouz)
    People consider me quiet, especially when they don't know me well.

I'm far from a push over, I can assure you.

Some loud mouths are push overs etc. Being quiet doesn't neccessarily equate to being a push over.

Very very true.

i consider myself fairly quiet. and if you talked to any of my friends you would probably find i am the exact opposite of a push over

ReputationRep:
    Sasuke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yvaiine)
    Being quiet often means they think a lot more. This can also mean they are less likely to be pushovers, as they think more about the situation.

It's not the same for every case, of course
    You'd be surprise how much you learn just by engaging in everyday conversation. It helps you to develop arguments for alot of things, For example I find loudmouths tend to get high grades in essay writing exams/competition(when I say loudmouth's I'm mean whomever that persue an argument of somekind and not sit in a corner listening or whatever).

Being quiet does not necessarily mean you think alot. But it does mean your not try to engage in everyday conversations therefore losing out at learning more stuff and seeing things from different people's point of view.

ReputationRep:
    Being quiet is usually a factor of having low self-confidence, and being a push-over is, as well.
    The two correlate, but there's no causation between the two, only between having low self-confidence and being quiet and a pushover.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.