Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quiet guys = pushovers ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am often described as too quiet. I barely speak and when I do it's no more than a whisper half the time. On the other hand, I am extremely confident and have never been a pushover.

Have you not heard the saying 'watch out for the quiet ones' ? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Not always. Quiet guys who aren't pushovers = win.

ReputationRep:
    No, definitely not necessarily. I go for the 'strong and silent' type, and they are never pushovers, they just choose their words carefully. My current boyfriend isn't particularly loquacious, but he's definitely NOT a pushover.

ReputationRep:
    Because some people don't talk a lot, they're a pushover?

Jeeeeesus christ.

ReputationRep:
    Think same as most people have said, I'm quiet most of the time but generally people that try to take advantage of me don't make the mistake a second time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weefella)
    Think same as most people have said, I'm quiet most of the time but generally people that try to take advantage of me don't make the mistake a second time

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on their confidence level. Some people can not say much yet be extremely confident and not a pushover- these people though usually do not get labelled as 'quiet.' People who are shy or even outgoing with low confidence tend to be pushovers.

ReputationRep:
    I am a quiet, nice, reseved guy, and yes, do tend to be a pushover...sad to admit that

ReputationRep:
    guys that are quiet 24/7 are pushovers,however, some guys like myself can be quiet at times are no push overs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouz)
    People consider me quiet, especially when they don't know me well.

I'm far from a push over, I can assure you.

Some loud mouths are push overs etc. Being quiet doesn't neccessarily equate to being a push over.
    I'm exactly the same. Most common pushovers are people that are still quiet even if you know them really well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quiet but I'm not a push over. My friend is quieter. He's a pushover. My other friend is a loud mouth. He's a huge pushover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilwaynefan)
    who do you think you are, ending my thread like this ?
    (Original post by YannTouchable)
    It's because you like Lil Wayne
    I think you just made my day.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about being pushovers, but quiet people are less likely to assert themselves.

If someone asked me to do something, I may say yes, but it is unlikely that I will actually do what they tell me. I just struggle to say no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YannTouchable)
    It's because you like Lil Wayne
    :O you live in finchley!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4WhenImBanned)
    :O you live in finchley!
    Hells yeah!
    the most metal place on earth...not lol

ReputationRep:
    there is no link, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilwaynefan)
    heard that alot, what do you guys think ?
    No, people asume they are, but must most aren't than normal. I'm quite loud and yet my quiet housemate is more stubborn than me. You'd be more willing to argue and then loose with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    This is pretty much true for a specific group of people.
    Chavs. They say so much bull **** to us when they are ******* each other up the ass, but when you counter them whenever they are alone, they will 99% of the time **** bricks. Pathetic ****-stains. They thrive to feel powerful, and gain a hardnut reputation because they are insecure *******s, as they think by mocking societies pros, they will be worshiped.
    That is certianly not true, and a definitive 1-way ticket to a £2 an hour sign. :mad:
    Yeah chavs and neds do suffer from this problem alot. I've found with neds I've worked with in the past, if you confront them (as you mentioned) they are just like little school girls. Does my nut in to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so really, I think quiet people may just prefer their own company, or even find many people aggravating to them, so choose to avoid them. I dont think these mean the person is a pushover though!

=)

I am a quiet guy (as well as a 21 year old supervirgin) and in 99% of cases I am not a pushover (mostly because I don't go out and hence don't get into situations where this might occur). However I recall a time when I was at a camp and there was this really pretty girl there and I got along well with her and whatever she asked me to do, I did it and did it very happily. I can resist anything except the wishes of a beautiful girl. Don't know if that qualifies me as a pushover...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.