The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Magic Dust
If only people took that much interest in politics, then there'd be the possibility of NOT getting Cameron!

Ah well, as long as you are happy that's what counts to be honest :smile: How long have you been together out of interest?

Only 2 months but it's been a v.happy 2 months. And I've never been out with anyone who has such an interest in football before which is why this thread came about in the first place - I wasn't too sure how i was supposed to react! Lol
No your not
cant you record the football??
Reply 22
Fair enough. :smile: It's good you're so happy ^_^ just maybe point out he should put you above football sometimes... At least you don't hate football. That'd be bad!
More proof that football is for fags.
LovelyLau
Hey!

In February my boyfriend and I have organised a night away in York, just to get away from everyone and spend "me and him" time. I guess it's a late Valentines day trip.

Now he is a football supporter - a Newcastle fan. Unfortunately, I have just realised that on the evening we go, there is a Newcastle match happening. It might be on television. If it is, he's said that he wants to watch it. If we travel to York, to spend time with each other, I don't really want the evening being taken up with football. I am not a football fan. Am I being unreasonable? Bearing in mind, that sometimes it feels like it's football first and then me. I just want one evening where that doesn't feel the case.

L x

yes, you're being unreasonable and showing a very unattractive quality, that most guys would dislike.. you will be doing something he likes doing, in bed, together, in a hotel, far away from home.... why would you be unhappy about that?

respect things he likes..relationships r about give n take, not take take take..this thread annoyed me:yep:
Reply 25
HappySadHappy
yes, you're being unreasonable and showing a very unattractive quality, that most guys would dislike.. you will be doing something he likes doing, in bed, together, in a hotel, far away from home.... why would you be unhappy about that?

respect things he likes..relationships r about give n take, not take take take..this thread annoyed me:yep:

I respect what he likes. I attend football matches with him because I know how much they mean to him. When i go to his, normally some form of sports related programme is on tv. I don't moan. I accept it. I just want one evening when football is not involved though and when we can concentrate on each other.
Unfortunately, as he is a Newcastle fan, I doubt very much that you'll get him to see a realistic and reasonable view of this. After all most Newcastle fans live in a dream world where their think their club deserves to be at the top of the premiership!
Reply 27
:ninja: I side with the boyfriend. It depends what you had planned I suppose. Arrangements can always be made to fit around football. :sigh: Don't worry. I'm duly ashamed of myself.
My ex used to turn down party invites or decide not to go out until after a certain time because of things on TV or an eBay item ending. Which is fine, his prerogative. But he used to try and stop me from going as well, and/or make me feel incredibly guilty for not wanting to miss whatever it was to stay in with him. It's not healthy, and only leads to resentment.
I think you should just ask him to leave the football alone for one night. He seems to be involved with it most of the time and surely he could sacrifice it for time with you?
There's no way you're being unreasonable.
yes you are but i would never expect you to understand with you not being a football fan
ChemistBoy
Unfortunately, as he is a Newcastle fan, I doubt very much that you'll get him to see a realistic and reasonable view of this. After all most Newcastle fans live in a dream world where their think their club deserves to be at the top of the premiership!

and you dont know most REAL newcastle fans :rolleyes:
Reply 32
ChemistBoy

I detected a hint of jealously in there.
tinktinktinkerbell
and you dont know most REAL newcastle fans

I know enough. Totally deluded for the most part about the size and stature of their club. They need to accept that they are an average higher end football club like Bolton or Blackburn rather than constantly hoping that the golden goose is just around the corner, in fact Blackburn have been more successful in recent years than Newcastle.
ChemistBoy
I know enough. Totally deluded for the most part about the size and stature of their club. They need to accept that they are an average higher end football club like Bolton or Blackburn rather than constantly hoping that the golden goose is just around the corner, in fact Blackburn have been more successful in recent years than Newcastle.

lol we are better than bolton but i do agree about the blackburn thing

oh and you clearly dont know any real supporters
Nico_SU
I detected a hint of jealously in there.

Eh? I couldn't care less about Newcastle tbh and I'm still thrilled that my team (Morecambe) are managing to hold their own in the football league I have no delusions of grandeur. However the hot air that so many Newcastle fans spout is annoying given that it bears little resemblence to the reality of what that football club actually is.

Anyway, it was supposed to be a joke and I fear we're getting off topic.
Reply 36
Well, either way, lets hope that someone will be scoring :wink:
tinktinktinkerbell

oh and you clearly dont know any real supporters

Fair enough, I'll tell my friends to stop wasting their petrol then.
ChemistBoy
Fair enough, I'll tell my friends to stop wasting their petrol then.

yes you really should
Reply 39
ChemistBoy
Eh? I couldn't care less about Newcastle tbh and I'm still thrilled that my team (Morecambe) are managing to hold their own in the football league I have no delusions of grandeur. However the hot air that so many Newcastle fans spout is annoying given that it bears little resemblence to the reality of what that football club actually is.

Anyway, it was supposed to be a joke and I fear we're getting off topic.

You failed to detect the hint of sarcasm.

Latest

Trending

Trending