Turn on thread page Beta

How do I tell him I just want to be friends watch

So i met a guy at uni, we get on really well, i thought i may like him more than a friend, so well we are now sort of acting as though we are a couple, although he has not asked me out a such and we dont call each other our boyrfriend/girlfriend.
    But recently ive decided i just want to be friends, however im pretty sure he wants more. I may not have always shown him i want to just be friends and may have led him on for the wrong reasons. I liked having someone close and liked the fact someone liked me, but have now come to terms this is not a good idea and the sooner i tell him the less he will get hurt.
    But i dont know how to bring it up? Sometimes iam mean to him and I dont know why, i think its because deep down i want him to not like to me then its easier for him to not like me like that.
    But hes a close friend, and i never want to loose that. How can i make sure we stay good friends and dont hurt his feelings?

ReputationRep:
    well it's not like you guys ever started anything. a relationship cannot be assumed in these circumstances, and maybe both of you definitely felt something was going to happen but you decided that you can't/won't have it happen. He's a good friend of yours, just sit him down and tell him maturely instead of over Facebook or email or text message because that's just as infantile as it can get.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.