Turn on thread page Beta

In a real mess (me & my flatmate/friends ex) watch

Need some advice... It's really messed up.

Last year I was flatting with this girl Anna. We were good friends, and her boyfriend Jack was around alot so I got to know him really well. Jack and I were getting on so well that Anna was getting paranoid (having dreams aswell) that there was something going on between us.
    After a year, Jack and I decided we would live in the same flat, with some other guys. 2 months later Anna and Jack had an amicable split. Anna has moved a few hours away. Since living with him I've developed feelings for Jack.

(Trying not to make this too long but... In my past I fell in love with my best friend and kept it to myself for a year, and it took me a very long and painful time to get over him. I promised myself I wouldn't repeat that).

So I told Anna I had feelings for Jack. She hit the roof and said if I told Jack then I'd lose her as a friend. Even though Anna and I were close last year I never see her now she's moved, whereas Jack I see every day....and because of my past I decided to tell him. He told me he has feelings for me too. I don't see this as a possible 'fling', I think we could have something really meaningful.

The same thing happened to Anna a few years ago, so she is feeling really hurt, and angry.

Jack feels stuck in the middle. Likes me alot but doesn't want to betray Anna because they are still friends.

So yeh, MESSY. Flatmate plus friend's ex....... help??? :eek3: :woo:

(Please keep anon!!...names changed)

ReputationRep:
    Well theres not much you can do love; its really up to him his the one in the middle!

Trust me when i say true friends wouldnt do it and you'll find away to move on and continue being JUST friends

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.