Turn on thread page Beta

What would YOU do.. if your GF/BF made you food that tasted horrible? watch

ReputationRep:
    spit it out onto their face and say "you disgust me" then order them back into the kitchen.:fuhrer:

:innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    You probably could have been more tactful.

For example, "I like the *such and such*, but for me personally I'd cook the meat for less time."

And then build from there, you need constructive criticism, not just "it's ****".
    That's just so long-winded, men would usually just come out with it saying it's either good or "****". Anyways all woman should be able to cook or at least learn, I mean the guy would come home from a long day at work just to be served hard pasta? whats the point in coming home, you might aswell eat outside- come home and say "No thank's darling, I'm full".

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally say something, Nothing offensive but something like "Let me cook food next time"

ReputationRep:
    I'd give them constructive critcism I mean it's not useful to insult them, it'll just make everyone feel like crap.

I think the fact you were insensitive about it and didn't provide constructive criticism doesn't help your case.

ReputationRep:
    You cant be with a woman that can't cook, what else are women for?
    Put her back on her lead, and dont let her leave the kitchen til she makes you some damn tasty food and cleans up after herself. And gives you a BJ.
    Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    This.

My sea monkeys agree!*

*I'm really excited, they just hatched! After 3 days of waiting
    Wow! Hehe! Have you named them all yet? :p:

ReputationRep:
    man up and eat it, then the day after start taking the piss about it if it was that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    shut the **** up and eat it :blush:
    Pretty much what I do. :p:

(Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    You cant be with a woman that can't cook, what else are women for?
    Put her back on her lead, and dont let her leave the kitchen til she makes you some damn tasty food and cleans up after herself. And gives you a BJ.
    Problem solved.
    Though I dare say everybody was thinking of this, haha. +rep

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend would know instantly if I didn't like something. It's not a big deal really, we're just young and learning to cook for ourselves. If you can't laugh about an awful meal, then you need to lighten up. Perhaps offer to make her dinner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Wow! Hehe! Have you named them all yet? :p:
    No, not yet, there's loads of them and I want to wait a few days just in case some die Plus it's too small to see if they're girls or boys! So excited!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i can only really cook fish fingers. which always taste good when I cook them. so she can never complain

ReputationRep:
    Just eat a tiny bit, push the rest of it around your plate and then innocently say you're not very hungry any more :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deckie)
    Ok so i normally cook dinner for the misses and sometimes for her housemates too and i would consider myself an just a bit above average cook.

My girlfriend made dinnner tonight and it was horrible. She over cooked meat, under cooked pasta, made horrible sauce and used plastic cheese for maybe the worst pasta bake in history (it wasnt even baked)

The Question i have for you is..

How do you react to being given food which is s**t?

My response was "Babe, i love you but.... this is s**t" which is probably why i am being given the cold shoulder.

P.S she just read this post so i am now WAY past cold shoulder treatment :confused:

- Deckie

Cool story bro... but never goign to happen my girlfriend is a chef

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    That's just so long-winded, men would usually just come out with it saying it's either good or "****". Anyways all woman should be able to cook or at least learn, I mean the guy would come home from a long day at work just to be served hard pasta? whats the point in coming home, you might aswell eat outside- come home and say "No thank's darling, I'm full".
    Oh, and what if the woman is out all day working too, or is the only one who works? Everyone should know how to cook, not just women. :rolleyes:
    And just because men are usually more straightforward it doesn't mean it's always a good thing. Just saying 'it's ****' will hurt feelings, and tbh make her think 'well if you're going to be so ungrateful, do it yourself!' or 'why should I bother trying in the future if all he's going to do is insult it?' If he says something like 'I appreciate the effort you made, but I think the pasta could have done with a bit longer on the boil' then she'll think 'hmmm OK then, I'll try doing that next time' - and everything's good. Not only have you avoided sounding rude, but if she cooks it again it'll probably be better. Only takes a few seconds longer to say.

EDIT: Obviously not everyone needs to be spoken to tactfully - but clearly the OP's GF does, hence why taking her effort into account and showing appreciation would have been a good idea for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    Cool story bro... but never goign to happen my girlfriend is a chef
    Chef's are the worse! They always try their 'new' recipes on their friends and families first! This means it is either brilliant and something you have never had before or the most disgusting concoction of ingrediants you have ever tasted never to see the face of earth again.

Good luck mate, because when that day comes, I feel for you.

In answer to the OP, I would probably have done the same as you, but in a jokey way and then asked if perhaps we could do something together next time?

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend tried to cook for me once - it was exactly the same thing as i had cooked before and he needed help because he didn't know what to do when the pasta and sauce over boiled (going all over the kitchen.)

I just lolled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    Yeah I guess so, I personally wouldn't be offended if I made **** food and my partner said so, I was just trying to suggest how the OP may have avoided getting the cold shoulder

ReputationRep:
    One of the best opening posts of all time

Me personally, I'd dash it at the wall and order her to do it again properly :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    I would try to be as truthful as I can but without mentioning the negatives. In other words I will say:

I appreciate the effort you've made in cooking this food for me"

and wouldn't mention how bad or horribly it tasted.

ReputationRep:
    Push the food to the side so it looks like you've eaten a bit of it, then lie and say you're stuffed :shh:

Or you could just say this tastes like ****

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.