Turn on thread page Beta

four tet/electronic music watch

ReputationRep:
    so four tets good. his new albums being streamed on soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/four-tet/there-is-love-in-you and it's pretty beautiful, and finally i was wondering if anyone else here likes four tet or any other sort of minimal electronic music, because you should.

**** this is a god awful thread isnt it

ReputationRep:
    Nice to hear someone into minamalist music! I love four tet and Squarepusher, nice to to get away from mainstream techno. Also a mate sent me a link to an artist called **** Buttons, heres a youtube link, its pretty experiemenal, but stick with it for like 5 minutes and it gets quite epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQXSsbQCMs its pretty far out, be warned!

ReputationRep:
    Never listened to Four Tet before, really like the sound though! I love something a bit more minimal from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the link man.
    I like interesting electronic music.
    All I had by four tet before was a Bloc Party remix so it's nice to hear some other stuff.
    My favourite electronic artist is M83. Their music is beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's quite good.

I prefer more this style of minimal though.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the link, had sort of forgotten about four tet's existence.

ReputationRep:
    I saw him live once, amazing :love:

ReputationRep:
    How about Boards of Canada, Brian Eno and Aphex Twin?

ReputationRep:
    I love Love Cry, but I'm gonna wait to buy the CD before I listen to the rest of this album. Last year's Four Tet/Burial collab. was very inspiring; Moth is such a tune.

(Original post by Talking_Head)
    How about Boards of Canada, Brian Eno and Aphex Twin?
    You a fan of Autechre? New album coming out in March if you haven't already heard. 'Oversteps'.

Four Tet is a beaut :love:

Try Boards of Canada if you've not already. Very good.

ReputationRep:
    I dont like Four Tet, but I do like a lot of "minimal electronic music". Anyone heard the new Pantha du Prince? Its incredible. Noah Lennox does vocals on one of the tracks (which is actually one of the lesser tracks!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xands)
    Nice to hear someone into minamalist music! I love four tet and Squarepusher, nice to to get away from mainstream techno. Also a mate sent me a link to an artist called **** Buttons, heres a youtube link, its pretty experiemenal, but stick with it for like 5 minutes and it gets quite epic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQXSsbQCMs its pretty far out, be warned!
    Yeah **** Buttons are ridiculous, i saw them live a few months ago. Their debut was better than Tarot Sport i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddiamondd)
    Yeah **** Buttons are ridiculous, i saw them live a few months ago. Their debut was better than Tarot Sport i think.
    Seeing them live would be pretty mental, thanks for the heads up on their first album, will go and check it out now....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2562)
    I love Love Cry, but I'm gonna wait to buy the CD before I listen to the rest of this album. Last year's Four Tet/Burial collab. was very inspiring; Moth is such a tune.

You a fan of Autechre? New album coming out in March if you haven't already heard. 'Oversteps'.
    I listened to one of their albums (can't remember which one), and while I did enjoy it I couldn't listen to it on a regular basis, I'll need to check them out again some time though.

ReputationRep:
    So much great music being discussed in this thread! To the OP: Yes that album is brilliant and I do like other electronic music. By the way is your name a Battles reference?

To 2562, thank you! I didn't know a new Autechre album was coming out. Having said that, I wasn't a massive fan of Quaristice, but still. I love LP5.

Boards Of Canada are amazing, if difficult to listen to a lot of the time. Their music is so atmospheric and unlike anything else.

**** Buttons are incredibly euphoric. I really need to purchase that album instead of getting it through Youtube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyPyramid)
    So much great music being discussed in this thread! To the OP: Yes that album is brilliant and I do like other electronic music. By the way is your name a Battles reference?
    yeah it is, i'm cool like that. don't really listen to them as much now though.

let's see..is your name a reference to...daft punk? ha

ReputationRep:
    See I'd totally self-promote in this thread but that would be shameless.

So instead, Brothomstates is/was awesome and pretty minimal. And of course Clark:

ReputationRep:
    I am totally feeling M83 atm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddiamondd)
    yeah it is, i'm cool like that. don't really listen to them as much now though.

let's see..is your name a reference to...daft punk? ha

Nope XD No reference for my name.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.