Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been with my girlfriend for almost four months and i'm the happiest i've ever ever been she's seriously the most amazing girl i've ever met and i've fallen completely head over heels in love with her.she's also the hottest girl i've ever seen and i still can't believe she's going out with me.

this is where my problem lies. i have really low self esteem and no confidence in myself whatsoever. i keep worrying that one day she's going to wake up and wonder what the hell she's doing with me. i literally cannot believe my luck in being with her. she could do so so much better than me.

this lack of self esteem becomes a problem when we're out especially. she is, as i've said, incredibly attractive. guys swarm around her when we're out and i'm not next to her. i trust her 100% and i know even if a guy made a move on her, that she'd turn him down. but i've been cheated on before and it hurt so badly. i don't know what i'd do if i lost her, i've never felt like this about anyone before. she's so out of my league and i'm so scared that she's going to realise it and leave me for some hunky zack efron lookalike. i don't know what i'm looking for. i guess just a little advice on how to deal with it. there's surely other guys out there with girls that are way too good for them? guys with girls that get hit on all the time? please help me before it drives me mad

you sound like a pussy
    it's infuriating

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, if she's with you I wouldn't worry about her going off you or going with someone else. She made her choice and if you keep thinking about it and worrying you'll make a much bigger deal out of it then it is. I know it is a lot harder to do than say, but I would just try and not think on it too much. Instead maybe work on your own confidence? Maybe go to the gym or start a new hobby, better still include her so you become closer

ReputationRep:
    whatever you do DON'T act jealous and accuse her of looking at other guys, this is what drove me and my ex apart!

ReputationRep:
    Guys like you bring shame. Do you know how infinitesmillay small you are compared to the universe?

ReputationRep:
    shes probably after your money, if not, then I suggest you watch your back mate, pretty girls arent always as nice as they look

ReputationRep:
    If you are not good enough for her she will not have stuck around for 4 months. Trust her, she wants to be with you, trust that and relax. Being paranoid that she can do better will never lead to good things.

ReputationRep:
    She's with you for a reason. Just focus on being the best boyfriend you can be, and congrats!

ReputationRep:
    ANON 2- You ARE a pussy. Have to hide behind Anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    If you feel that way then she's probably going out with you for a bet. Be paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    I always drove myself mad thinking my boyfriend was too good for me, but I think you definitely need to relax before you put a massive strain on this relationship and you push her away. She's chosen you, not any other guy.
    You need to let go of the fact you've been cheated on before; without trust, relationships can't withstand, and you need to learn to trust this girl if you're going to make this work. Not all girls are the same.
    She's going out with you because she must adore you. She must think you have an amazing personality and she clearly must be attracted to you...enjoy it!
    Savour every minute with her, look at it from a positive viewpoint that you're lucky to have her and don't let negativity, doubts and jealousy put your relationship in jeopardy.
    Good luck, I know it's hard to just completely turn around your way of thinking, but with hard work, trust can be built and your relationship can grow and not be stunted by jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    Keep thinking that and she will ditch you man. It's totally unattractive to think that. Sort it out!

ReputationRep:
    Look at it this way...by the sounds of it, she could have pretty much any guy she wanted. But out of all the good-looking guys/guys with amazing personalities in the world, she chooses to be with YOU. There's no need to figure out why, just be happy and try to draw confidence from the fact that this amazing girl wants to spend her time with you.

ReputationRep:
    Hah, I'm the girl in your situation!
    I've fallen so badly for this guy.. I want him, SO bad.. He's very shy, and has low confidence.. He's been cheated on before. We've been on and off now for about 4 months, and I really really like him.. It's so frustrating.. We often end up talking/flirting when we're both out, and this will sound really arrogant, but a lot of guys come up to me whilst Im talking to him, and before I even have time to tell them to get on their bikes - he's off!

He's said he likes me, and whenever he's drunk he tells me to "wait for me", so.. I guess I'm waiting.. I'm very close with his best mate, and in a moment of despair and drunkeness I talked to him about it, who said my guy doesn't really believe I truly like him, and that I could do so much better.

I'm sure your gf really likes you, why the **** would she be in a relationship with you if not? She'd prolly be flattered if she knew, I know I was, but you shouldn't tell her too often. She obviously likes you. If you're ever in doubt you're good enough, then make yourself good enough. Be a good, loyal and caring boyfriend, so that she truly knows she'd never find anything better.

Sorry if I just tried to steal your thread here...

ReputationRep:
    believe in yourself, believe in your looks and personality and finally grow some balls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Keep thinking that and she will ditch you man. It's totally unattractive to think that. Sort it out!
    :yep: yes, its very unattractive to think like that... so dont let her find out. You should start building up your esteem, you need to love yourself for who you are. She is with you becasue she finds you attractive and likes you for who you are. So stop getting paranoid, if she didnt like you then she would not be with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rated R Superstar)
    Look at it this way...by the sounds of it, she could have pretty much any guy she wanted. But out of all the good-looking guys/guys with amazing personalities in the world, she chooses to be with YOU. There's no need to figure out why, just be happy and try to draw confidence from the fact that this amazing girl wants to spend her time with you.
    :rofl:

Sorry I just cant take someone who uses Edge's nickname seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    Ask him out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been with my girlfriend for almost four months and i'm the happiest i've ever ever been she's seriously the most amazing girl i've ever met and i've fallen completely head over heels in love with her.she's also the hottest girl i've ever seen and i still can't believe she's going out with me.

this is where my problem lies. i have really low self esteem and no confidence in myself whatsoever. i keep worrying that one day she's going to wake up and wonder what the hell she's doing with me. i literally cannot believe my luck in being with her. she could do so so much better than me.

this lack of self esteem becomes a problem when we're out especially. she is, as i've said, incredibly attractive. guys swarm around her when we're out and i'm not next to her. i trust her 100% and i know even if a guy made a move on her, that she'd turn him down. but i've been cheated on before and it hurt so badly. i don't know what i'd do if i lost her, i've never felt like this about anyone before. she's so out of my league and i'm so scared that she's going to realise it and leave me for some hunky zack efron lookalike. i don't know what i'm looking for. i guess just a little advice on how to deal with it. there's surely other guys out there with girls that are way too good for them? guys with girls that get hit on all the time? please help me before it drives me mad
    Do you know what, she can do better than you! guys like you need a slap, SHE IS WITH YOU goddammit, so stop carrying on like this before she really does leave you..tut! wtf

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Whatever you do don't let your insecurities show or she actually will be likely to leave you. And Zac Efron isn't hot except to pre-teens.

Looks aren't the sole criteria in choosing a bf - I asume you know that. She's with you for your personality too, so as long as you don't suddenly change then you'll be fine.

Relax and enjoy your relationship with a slamming hottie. We should all be so lucky.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.