Turn on thread page Beta

Anon or delete please, quite specific here.

There's a guy i really like. He's special, i've never felt this way about anyone before. But he has a girlfriend.

I know i'm not going to be getting over him anytime soon and he and his girlfriend aren't too serious, so I'm basically just waiting for him.

But he just kills me literally everyday. He's so amazing. Whenever i speak to him it hurts and i just get an urge to let him know how i feel about him. But is this the right thing to do? I'm obviously very scared of what his reaction will be (it can't be great, he has a girlfriend). But it doesn't seem right keeping such strong feelings to myself. (Note: we are not close friends. He's just some guy I know).

What is the right thing to do here?

I have hinted to him that i'm interested in the past, to which he replied by making it clear that he's attracted to me. But this was all very vague and in the past now. He has no idea how i actually feel.

Bump as went to 2nd page.

ReputationRep:
    keep your feelings inside dont let him know he has something to fall back on, you dont want to be his bit on the side.

be patient and wait if nothing comes from this then you might of moved on from then

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you aren't friends, perhaps start chatting? The odd 'long time no talk! how was Christmas for you?' would be a good start.

I don't have a girlfriend, actually.

/You should start talking to him, as RBarack said. Isn't that how relationships are formed and maintained?

ReputationRep:
    just hover and swoop in if they break up but if they're still together in a few months just say you've always been attracted to him. then see what he does. good luck and be prepared to move on eventually if you have to.

ReputationRep:
    if he has a gf you have to respect that. But i would start talking to him more and more and see what happens..

Basically, if he's hinted that he likes you, then you should tell him. Ok, yes, he has a girlfriend, but how do you know he doesn't like YOU more, but isnt saying or doing anything about it, because he isnt 100% sure you feel the same.

Even if he DOES say that he wants his girlfriend more than you, you've gone and gotten it off your chest, which in the long term is better for you.

Btw, the situation you described OP, is the situation I'm in, only, I'm the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I don't have a girlfriend, actually.

/You should start talking to him, as RBarack said. Isn't that how relationships are formed and maintained?
    someones a bit vain.
    honestly, Obama would be helpful though in an issue like this especially as it's to do with health.

(Original post by Low Profile)
    someones a bit vain.
    honestly, Obama would be helpful though in an issue like this especially as it's to do with health.
    Me, vain? :plz2: :p:

RBarack was the user who posted above me. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Me, vain? :plz2: :p:

RBarack was the user who posted above me. :erm:
    LOL, that was part of the joke... :banana2:

(Original post by Low Profile)
    LOL, that was part of the joke... :banana2:
    You mean I've been played?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should wait. I'm in this situation also, and he's made it clear he does have feelings for me (how deep they go is another story).

You need to think about this way, perhaps; if you care about him that much then surely you have to 'let him go' so to speak. Think about how much he must care about his relationship, even though it hurts, it'll only hurt the both of you more if you try anything.

At least this is what I tell myself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.