Turn on thread page Beta

How to deal with naturally flirty girls? watch

Announcements

Two of the girls in my flat at university are naturally flirty towards me all the time, whilst establishing that they are "just friends" (they haven't actually said that, but it's obvious, they talk about other potential relationships in passing). I don't mind that kind of attention at all, but when it's never going to go anywhere, it really gets a bit disheartening. I've never even had a relationship so I'm pretty inexperienced and all that. I can never be too sure, because they seem to up the ante when I start ignoring them (one of them tells me I'm "bloody good looking" or "sexy", the other deliberately spends longer than usual in a conversation to look at me). Should I just ignore them (especially as they are in my flat, and flatmates = no-go)?

I mean, I appreciate the attention but it's just frustrating when I see them flirting with others or just ignoring me sometimes. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Its because you haven't challenged them, you haven't made them chase you and you don't sound particularly adventurous to be around either.

ReputationRep:
    So because they're naturally flirty, you expect them to lust after your boring self automatically while you make no effort at all? If you're feeling disheartened at the 'empty' flirting, try flirting back - it'll at least give you some confidence with girls if you're after a relationship.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.