Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    which energy drink is most effective out of: red bull, monster or relentless and how long will the effect last? (caffeine-wise :p: )

thanks. :p:

(jw, 'cos i've just drank a full can of monster, need to complete loads of s*** before school tomorrow :o: :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from these energy drinks. They're bad for the heart.

ReputationRep:
    I love monster, tastey stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt advise it ,although I have done it before , Instead try a 5 - 10 minute walk outside combined with splashing water in your face - The energy drinks do help you stay awake but when you actually do finish you wont be able to sleep at all

ReputationRep:
    Take some proper drugs instead

ReputationRep:
    The new, tiny, concentrated Red Bulls are absolutely mental. I bought a couple in college on Monday, swigged one in the common room and then downed another when I thought it was having no effect and boy did I regret that. I was actually twitching about for about half an hour and even then my heart was racing like hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    I wouldnt advise it ,although I have done it before , Instead try a 5 - 10 minute walk outside combined with splashing water in your face - The energy drinks do help you stay awake but when you actually do finish you wont be able to sleep at all
    ah, it's all good, i'm willing to sacrifice a night's kip for a solid couple of hours work.
    (problem is, i'm in a lose-lose situation atm, courseworks due in tomorrow, its either this or a proper massive 10minute rage from my short-tempered i.t teacher.)
    trust me, you'd opt for the first one to if you knew what she was like. :p: haha. a nightmare.

thanks for the reply anyways!

ReputationRep:
    Lucozade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    The new, tiny, concentrated Red Bulls are absolutely mental. I bought a couple in college on Monday, swigged one in the common room and then downed another when I thought it was having no effect and boy did I regret that. I was actually twitching about for about half an hour and even then my heart was racing like hell.
    oh sweet! might try a couple of those cans half an hour before my physics exam xPP

ReputationRep:
    Id say RedBull but I am on the Irn Bru 32 for a all night revision and it is doing the trick so far :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    oh sweet! might try a couple of those cans half an hour before my physics exam xPP
    Haha, well I wouldn't recommend that at all but it would be pretty badass if you had a negative reaction to them and had a massive seizure in the exam hall :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well I wouldn't recommend that at all but it would be pretty badass if you had a negative reaction to them and had a massive seizure in the exam hall :P
    HAHA, that'd be so lol. but most likely, they'd probably say i'm faking it and would rip my paper up D;

omg. you seen the inbetweeners? haha. final ep on season 1. hilarious. more or less like what you said would happen. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Did you not feel a little bit ripped off? I didn't think it was worth the extra pound or so over a normal can, even then I tend to just go for the 69p litre of red rooster/boost/blue bear :yep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.screamingenergy.com/ratings.php?sort=rating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Lucozade.
    One 500ml bottle is 75% of your daily sugar intake.. Stay away from Lucozade!!

(Original post by awais590)
    HAHA, that'd be so lol. but most likely, they'd probably say i'm faking it and would rip my paper up D;

omg. you seen the inbetweeners? haha. final ep on season 1. hilarious. more or less like what you said would happen. :yep:
    Sir..?
    Yes..?
    I think I just **** myself... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I used to exist on these energy drinks in college when i really got into online gaming. After a year of kick, red bull and relentless abuse (pun intended), i developed some pretty nasty heart problems in that whenever i exercised it felt like i was having a heart attack. Even when I was resting I sometimes had palpatations and chest pains. Trust me, don't get hooked on these!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently gulping asdas own blue charge, working excellently so far, 1000 words to go !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miasma Envoy)
    whenever i exercised it felt like i was having a heart attack. Even when I was resting I sometimes had palpatations and chest pains. Trust me, don't get hooked on these!
    sorry, but that part had me in hysterics. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miasma Envoy)
    I used to exist on these energy drinks in college when i really got into online gaming. After a year of kick, red bull and relentless abuse (pun intended), i developed some pretty nasty heart problems in that whenever i exercised it felt like i was having a heart attack. Even when I was resting I sometimes had palpatations and chest pains. Trust me, don't get hooked on these!
    I was the same in the first year of my Alevels. Just played CS:source all the time and drank 2 cans of redbull a night, sometimes even 4 and was playing until 5-6 in the morning. Ultimately I got C,E,U,U lol. and consequently stopped gaming and drinking them damn energy drinks, although the past few days I have started again to get all my C3 maths and Unit 4 chem revision all done :eek:

ReputationRep:
    red bull but only for extreme circumstances and if you are generally healthy. I have mildly low blood pressure so i take them when i want to be sure that i won't faint during an exam but it's like having a few expressos and you might get palpitations and even shortness of breath so use with caution.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.