Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How loose/tight should they be? I've got two pairs, one pair is very loose and baggy and the other pair looks like leggings practically... Too tight to wear atm but hopefully once I've lost a few more lbs, they'll be more relaxed. But I don't know whether to carry on wearing the very loose ones?

I'd take pics but my camera has gone walkabouts, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Ones that cling to you like a second skin are awful on any girl, no matter how lovely and long her legs are. Skinnies with a little give and a gentle gathering of material at the ankle look great - balances you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelialynch)
    Ones that cling to you like a second skin are awful on any girl, no matter how lovely and long her legs are. Skinnies with a little give and a gentle gathering of material at the ankle look great - balances you out.
    Hmm, that's the thing. The first definitely cling in a skin like fashion (so I'll hold off wearing them then!) but the first have more than a little give in them. They look very baggy

ReputationRep:
    IMO Skinny jeans are very last year/2 years ago.

Perhaps latex leggings have had their heyday but are still pretty popular.

It all depends on how your wearing the jeans (Pumps, Heals, Ugg boots etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Hmm, that's the thing. The first definitely cling in a skin like fashion (so I'll hold off wearing them then!) but the first have more than a little give in them. They look very baggy

Ah, I see... well, I think super-skinny jeans look good if you wear them with tall boots, so maybe they'd be good for that reason? It is only my opinion, but I just find the disproportion between thighs and skinny calves (accentuated by skinny jeans) to be very severe looking...

However, it sounds like your too-baggy skinny might be just that - too big? Or not designed well? I suggest having a hunt around for that happy medium between second-skin and too-baggy, haha.

And I personally don't think skinny jeans are out by now... they're versatile, comfortable, and like jeans in general they're a wardrobe staple.

ReputationRep:
    Problem is when you want to buy skinny jeans you really have to get it right since they are so tight fit. I have seen no website give complete measurement chart so you can make a sound choice when buying skinny pants. I have only see one site which give any full details with meausment chart of tight jeans

http://www.blackhoodies.co.uk/black-skinny-jeans.html

It give details of leg length and front rise but leg opening. I think all companies should do that -- for skinny pants any way

ReputationRep:
    Baggy skinny jeans are a massive no-no, they always look end up looking looser on your bum than anywhere else and make you look like you've **** your pants.

Skinny jeans like the 'Baxter' style from Topshop are best imo because they're tight around your bum and the tops of your legs, but a little looser around the calves.

ReputationRep:
    This should be in Clothes and Accessories.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.