Turn on thread page Beta

I want the shy guy.. watch

ReputationRep:
    So, let's call him.. Tom..
    So, me and Tom has been hot and cold for the past 4 months. Or HE's been hot and cold, I'm hot for him all the time :p:

I'm trying to give him some space, and not be too foreward, which is hard when I want him so bad. I know he likes me, he's said he does, and he's really really shy. His best mate told me he's got low confidence, but that he talks about me all the time and how he can't believe that I like him. (which is why he never appraches me first, apparently, he's still shocked I still wanna talk to him - every time)
    It's getting to the point of frustration, and I don't know how much longer I wanna wait for this guy. I've been trying to "switch off" my feelings for him, cos it hurts when I feel I like him more than he likes me (which I apparantly don't, but it sure does feel that way!) but it's not that easy.

I've asked him over to mine, and he's said yes, and that he'll text me when he's got the time. (a week ago.)

He kissed me for the first time in october. He actually just went over to me, kissed me, walked around and left me.
    Every time he talks to me when we're out, if a guy approaches me or talks to me, he's off before I have the time to tell the other guy to jog on. I asked him about it once, and he said he just thought I'd prefer to talk to them other random guys than him.

What do I do from this point? Am I just supposed to sit here and wait for him? What is TAKING HIM SO LONG?! I usually go for guys with high confidence, and I've usually been the one who wants to slow the progress down a bit, but this is taking for friggin ever.

And yeah, a week before my birthday, he said he had a planned something for me. I still haven't got it, and that was the 13th of November. He keeps telling me to wait, and that he'll give it to me later. "It will be worth the wait, but I understand if you don't want to wait for me.."

Please, please, some words of advice would be great..

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a troll on the gorgeous girlfriend thread to me....

ReputationRep:
    lol. he was gonna bone you for your birthday.

Just tell him. Say to him that it's been ages, you feel like he likes you less than you do him and that it's hurting you. If you let him know that if he carries on being silly by not acting on his feelings for you that you're not going to want to be around him anymore because it will hurt too much.
    As long as you make it clear that you really want to be with him, he should be smart enough to take the opportunity!

ReputationRep:
    I posted on that aswell, but in fear of stealing his thread, I made a new one.
    It's not trolling.. I'm not anynomous, I've got a picture, we both go to lancaster uni.. How am I supposed to prove that I'm not trolling?

And btw, why would it matter, in terms of giving advice, if the situation is real or not? I cannot see your problem, sorry..

ReputationRep:
    Why would you waste your time? If only you'd seen how many possibities the world presents to you ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    lol. he was gonna bone you for your birthday.

Just tell him. Say to him that it's been ages, you feel like he likes you less than you do him and that it's hurting you. If you let him know that if he carries on being silly by not acting on his feelings for you that you're not going to want to be around him anymore because it will hurt too much.
    As long as you make it clear that you really want to be with him, he should be smart enough to take the opportunity!
    HAH!!! omg, that so fits, can't believe I haven't thought of that myself..:rolleyes: I couldn't understand why he just couldn't give me the present already.. :p:

Yeah.. You're right.. I'ma give him a week or so, and then tell him. I feel like every time I see him, it either ends with us snogging, or me telling him how I'm confused, him blushing and walking away.. Don't want to pressure him too much.
    Last night he said: I think I might be a bit too boring for you..
    And I said: And I think I might be slightly too wild for you!
    Him: I'm sure I can handle it.
    Me: Well, do you wan't me then?
    Him: It doesn't matter what I want, you know what I want to say to that.. It matters what you want, and if you still want to wait for me.
    Me: Depends on how long I'm supposed to wait?
    Him: I will try to shorten it down as much as possible..
    Me: Well, I'll wait a bit more then I reckon..

ReputationRep:
    What the actual hell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    I posted on that aswell, but in fear of stealing his thread, I made a new one.
    It's not trolling.. I'm not anynomous, I've got a picture, we both go to lancaster uni.. How am I supposed to prove that I'm not trolling?

And btw, why would it matter, in terms of giving advice, if the situation is real or not? I cannot see your problem, sorry..

because some people are pathetic and make up situations for attention, that's why

ReputationRep:
    Wow, and I thought I was a pussy when it came to girls (no pun intended)

ReputationRep:
    My eyes caught the Lancaster Uni bit and I had to reply somehow hehe. Don't worry, chances are we don't know each other as you don't do what I do.

As for advice, just tell him striaght, considering you feel you've been on the boil for too long. It will give him clear indication for his next move should he do one. If not, you have your answer on what his plans are with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarriorInAWig)
    My eyes caught the Lancaster Uni bit and I had to reply somehow hehe. Don't worry, chances are we don't know each other as you don't do what I do.

As for advice, just tell him striaght, considering you feel you've been on the boil for too long. It will give him clear indication for his next move should he do one. If not, you have your answer on what his plans are with you.

Jesus.. thanks for almost giving me a heart attack! :o:
    Ah well, as long as I dont use his real name I doubt it anyone will know

Yeah, that might just be what I have to do.. Feel like he should've picked up on all the hints alredy, but yeah..

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha lol it's no worries at all. I hope it works out but if not... there's always someone else to get sunk into

Listen, this is what you do..
    You go over to him, and you say: Hey Tom. I want you to remember this.. next time you're having a w***, please think of that I could be doing it for you instead, with my mouth. But since you're being such a tit, you're doing it on your own.
    Think about THAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappySadHappy)
    sounds like a troll on the gorgeous girlfriend thread to me....
    Your breasts are small.

(Original post by Ramanda)
    So, let's call him.. Tom..
    So, me and Tom has been hot and cold for the past 4 months. Or HE's been hot and cold, I'm hot for him all the time :p:

I'm trying to give him some space, and not be too foreward, which is hard when I want him so bad. I know he likes me, he's said he does, and he's really really shy. His best mate told me he's got low confidence, but that he talks about me all the time and how he can't believe that I like him. (which is why he never appraches me first, apparently, he's still shocked I still wanna talk to him - every time)
    It's getting to the point of frustration, and I don't know how much longer I wanna wait for this guy. I've been trying to "switch off" my feelings for him, cos it hurts when I feel I like him more than he likes me (which I apparantly don't, but it sure does feel that way!) but it's not that easy.

I've asked him over to mine, and he's said yes, and that he'll text me when he's got the time. (a week ago.)

He kissed me for the first time in october. He actually just went over to me, kissed me, walked around and left me.
    Every time he talks to me when we're out, if a guy approaches me or talks to me, he's off before I have the time to tell the other guy to jog on. I asked him about it once, and he said he just thought I'd prefer to talk to them other random guys than him.

What do I do from this point? Am I just supposed to sit here and wait for him? What is TAKING HIM SO LONG?! I usually go for guys with high confidence, and I've usually been the one who wants to slow the progress down a bit, but this is taking for friggin ever.

And yeah, a week before my birthday, he said he had a planned something for me. I still haven't got it, and that was the 13th of November. He keeps telling me to wait, and that he'll give it to me later. "It will be worth the wait, but I understand if you don't want to wait for me.."

Please, please, some words of advice would be great..
    There's nothing wrong. Either wait or don't wait. He said he'll understand if you don't wait so don't feel bad. If he doesn't understand then he's stupid and not a man of his word.

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your time.

If someones that lacking in self-esteem and can't even like themself they'll be way too preoccupied to find time to like you. You're not even going out and he already sounds jealous and moody.

Tell him he needs to work on some of his issues and give him space to do that because that'll be better for you both in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Initiate the sex, and afterwards remind him it will be his turn to initiate things.

Or just move on, whatever.

Probably best to just tell him your getting frustrated with waiting.

He obviously has self esteem issues.

ReputationRep:
    http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...yguy_large.jpg

Here you go.

ReputationRep:
    well i will see how well i can help... I used to be quite a shy guy and in some retrospect still am...
    Generally a confident girl will attract the shy guy, but also it will make it difficult for them as a shy guy looks for the right time to do things.
    If you are going to wait for him, you may have to wait a long time, but the trick will be to make certain moves, as that is the only way >I< know what and when i can do things even as simple as tickling and massaging...

But i feel you should go for him, its not like the "olden" days :P where the man had to chase... just go for it, try find somewhere quiet or relaxed and just lay your hand on his leg or arm or whatever and just hope he doesn't pull away. After that just chat every now and again and give him better access to do things... (like if i am on a bed with someone i want to kiss and we are sitting next to each other, even if it is a couch, i find it hard to actually get there to kiss, i prefer one of us lying down, sitting both standing etc)...

So just go for it and see what happens...

All or Nothing I say

ReputationRep:
    Whats so great about him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Listen, this is what you do..
    You go over to him, and you say: Hey Tom. I want you to remember this.. next time you're having a w***, please think of that I could be doing it for you instead, with my mouth. But since you're being such a tit, you're doing it on your own.
    Think about THAT.
    Great advice, thanks..

(Original post by Skarbo)
    Don't waste your time. (...)
    That's some of the thoughts I've been having myself.. Jealous, I dunno, maybe.. Not moody though, never seen him annoyed or anything like that. Just lack of confidence. I try not to push forward to hard, but I can't give him up. Yet.

(Original post by Rick-Raith)
    (....) All or Nothing I say
    I've tried to back of a little, but still be close by, if you know what I mean. I still touch is hand when we're standing next to each other when no one can see (I know that stresses him out, people around makes pressure. Like when my drunk best mate went over and asked why he wasn't with me, and he didn't talk to me the rest of the night, couldn't even look at me.)
    I asked him to come over some time, and he said he definetly would. One day. When he had the time. Maybe next week. Or the week after. BAHHH!! Sometimes I get so frustrated I just want to kidnap him and tie him to my room. :p:

I don't have a problem "chasing", but wouldn't he want to chase? I know at least that I like the chase to be a bit both ways when I've been with others.. This is the first time I've been attracted to a guy with low self esteem, so I dunno.. Thanks for the advice, appreciate getting the thoughts of a similar guy! Will definitely wait a bit more and see what happens, but sometimes I'm thinking it's about time to let go. He's had his chance for a long time now. My own patience surprises even me.

(Original post by Davezk)
    Whats so great about him?
    Apart from being a really nice guy, fit and super-charming, I really dunno.. I can't put my finger on it, but it's something about him.. He's different. He always text me after a night out to make sure I got home alright. He notices right away if I'm gutted about something, even how hard I try to hide it. He's very very charming. He looks really good, he's very fit. He's tall and his hair is just.. so nice.. There's just something about him..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.