Turn on thread page Beta

Why do we (girls) turn down sex when we want it? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I don't actively look for ****, it just happens that after meeting and befriending two dozen men there's going to be on average, one, that makes me go weak at the knees.
    But you can be weak at the knees without always dropping to them, AMIRITE? :awesome:

(Original post by O-Ren)
    You misunderstand. I am not saying every woman I know has sex outside of committed relationships, I'm saying that not a single woman I know would desire sex with a man yet turn him down because of how society thinks people should behave. They think for themselves.
    I see what you mean then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    But you can be weak at the knees without always dropping to them, AMIRITE? :awesome:
    I like sex though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, well tbh **** buddy is much better way to go - when I was with mine, I heard about her friend in a similar situation to yours. She managed twice but was just so frisky all the time, rather than us who were getting it on all the time. ^_^
    So go f buddy tbh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    You misunderstand. I am not saying every woman I know has sex outside of committed relationships, I'm saying that not a single woman I know would desire sex with a man yet turn him down because of how society thinks people should behave. They think for themselves.
    I am not saying that societal pressure is the only reason. After all I could go out and pull a guy, sleep with him and never see him again. Nobody would ever know. While most guys would consider a night like this as getting lucky, I on the other hand wonder if the physical attraction will actually lead to a good time.

I find the notion of sleeping with someone you don't really care about a bit strange. I wonder why that is? Sex should really have nothing to do with feelings. Most man can separate sex from love. But maybe that is because society pressures them to see women as sexual objects and calls them gay if they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klare)
    I am not saying that societal pressure is the only reason. After all I could go out and pull a guy, sleep with him and never see him again. Nobody would ever know. While most guys would consider a night like this as getting lucky, I on the other hand wonder if the physical attraction will actually lead to a good time.

I find the notion of sleeping with someone you don't really care about a bit strange. I wonder why that is? Sex should really have nothing to do with feelings. Most man can separate sex from love. But maybe that is because society pressures them to see women as sexual objects and calls them gay if they don't.
    Very true. If it wasn't for society, men and women would have a range of attitudes to sex, there wouldn't be one attitude that is considered 'manly' or 'feminine'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klare)

Considering the fact that sex is basically the most intimate act anyone can commit, it makes perfect sense that it would feel strange screwing a stranger and would be strongly associated with feelings.

I personally am unable to separate sex from love. Whatever, call me gay. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilwaynefan)
    U gay bro ?
    even then wouldn't he prefer an attractive man? he may just be weird.

However notice he said someone not a girl so you may be on to something.

ReputationRep:
    Go on a night out. Have sex. Go home. Smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klare)
    I highly doubt that. I know plenty of girls who are single but do not sleep with guys who they are not dating even if they think the guy is good looking. If they do start dating someone, there is still some pressure to wait before having sex even though you don't want to.
    Pressure from who?

It's usually girls that **** girls off so it is you who are ruining it for each other.

ReputationRep:
    message me

ReputationRep:
    Where have the days gone when sex was a rude word and we all put our hand to our mouth when someone said the word? Everywhere on TSR I read sex this sex that, 'he cheated on me by having sex with my dad', valentines day, 'no one to have sex with', xmas day, no one to sleep with, birthday, no one to kiss with. I'm sick of sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivvling)
    Where have the days gone when sex was a rude word and we all put our hand to our mouth when someone said the word?
    When was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klare)
    When was this?
    The '50s. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Very true. If it wasn't for society, men and women would have a range of attitudes to sex, there wouldn't be one attitude that is considered 'manly' or 'feminine'.
    blame religion tbh. It's the cause of all this trouble, sexually repressing everyone.

ReputationRep:
    tbh im not sure how many guys would look down on a girl because she had some fun as a student! So what if you've had a few flings, not the end of the world and as long as your not rough with it then it wont affect many guys opinions of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klare)
    All the stress from Uni work (especially during exam time) has really build up and I feel like I need to let off some steam. There are a few guys I know who fancy me but I've turned them down even though I am attracted to couple of them. I wouldn't want a relationship because I am just too busy for one at the moment, but if I don't have sex soon I might actually die. I haven't had a boyfriend in nearly 2 years.

Man would never turn down sex with an attractive girl and they wouldn't worry about it affecting their reputation. Why do we? What is the whole idea of only sleeping with people you care about? I really wish I had a more male mentality. I would probably have so much more fun instead of being so scared of doing something I might regret.
    Please don't generalise. I would and have turned down sex before with attractive girls for many reasons. You make me and my gender sound like horny chimps - granted some (and probably most) are like that but it shouldn't apply to all of us.

As to your problem, just have sex with one of them. If you really want it then go for it. **** your brains out and **** their brains out. Do what you want basically.

Screw love in this regard. You're young and horny. Satisfy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klare)

Gold Star :p:

See how moronic it all is? I mean, would you rather be one of these people who believes in all that slut/stud ******** or someone who can at least remotely think for themselves and not let plainly ridiculous ideas about sex and gender govern their needs/wants.

On that note though, personally I think that just because sex =/= love doesn't mean sex doesn't have to have any feelings - 'meaningless' sex can have a kind of emotional high as well as physical - though I think it's important to not mistake that for love or the need to develop some kind of deep emotional attachment (or for that matter be used to fill some kind of deep emotional/spiritual hole, I think a lot of guys and girls do this in their own way, but i'm probably reading too much into it). I mean personally, I have to at least like the girl and it really gets on my tits when a girl thinks she's doing me a favour, it makes me think we're not quite in it for the same thing. I've never quite had a ONS for the same reason, I mean a girl would have to be ridiculously impressive for that to happen, especially in a club with alcohol invovled, it's hard to get a 'feel' for people in that environment - this is probably just me though.

ReputationRep:
    I was so up for sex earlier.
    This guy walked me home, I said thank you and we kissed on the cheek, I tried to kiss him further and his response was "oh, I've got a girlfriend".
    ******* great, cheers - thanks for walking me home then.

Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    I was so up for sex earlier.
    This guy walked me home, I said thank you and we kissed on the cheek, I tried to kiss him further and his response was "oh, I've got a girlfriend".
    ******* great, cheers - thanks for walking me home then.

Sigh.
    :hahaha:

I mean, that's a shame - at least you have the internet.

Actually come to think of it, are you serious? I'd hate to think walking someone home = sex ... i've unknowingly left some frustrated girls out there otherwise...

ReputationRep:
    ****.... give me ur phone number... i could come right away. what uni?? trust me i can satisfy a whale.. and i am not that bad... just 143 kg. cya hun x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.