The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I guess I try to remain sensible about it because I have seen how I and others make wrong decisions with who they sleep with. Even with my boyfriend of 3 years is told no quite often because I still don't kinda trust my judgement of when to have it ever since his mum barged in and totally went bonkers. Now I will tell him no when feel like it to kinda enforce my power over the situation because I feel that because he is spontaneous/impulsive with me he wont think about the possible consequences - like utter embarassment + shouting from the mum.
Tbh though, I think I've accepted that I am mature enough to choose correctly who to sleep with (if I was single) but now can get easily turned off knowing that the bed is adjacent to the wall that my boyfriend and his parents share :\ and this bed is SQUEAKY.
Doodahdoo
I was so up for sex earlier.
This guy walked me home, I said thank you and we kissed on the cheek, I tried to kiss him further and his response was "oh, I've got a girlfriend".
******* great, cheers - thanks for walking me home then.

Sigh.

why did he walk you home
Doodahdoo
I was so up for sex earlier.
This guy walked me home, I said thank you and we kissed on the cheek, I tried to kiss him further and his response was "oh, I've got a girlfriend".
******* great, cheers - thanks for walking me home then.

Sigh.

Damn principled guys being gentlemen... makes me sick.

n0c0ntr0l
blame religion tbh. It's the cause of all this trouble, sexually repressing everyone.

You're right! Thanks to religion, nobody has sex any more! :rolleyes:
Reply 43
eh i think if you want it then society or anything shouldn't stop you. I was really busy with exams and things last year so had a friend with benefits and it worked out great it was just casual no strings fun! Some people will think its slutty but it wasn't like we were both sleeping around or anything and respected each other not to take advantage. It ended after about a year and still friends now. So you can have sex without the relationship and not be slutty! :smile:
Delta Usafa

You're right! Thanks to religion, nobody has sex any more! :rolleyes:

Idiot. I was referring to where all this ideals about sex came about from the first place. I'm talking a good 3000-5000 years ago.
n0c0ntr0l
Idiot. I was referring to where all this ideals about sex came about from the first place. I'm talking a good 3000-5000 years ago.

You're right. Thanks to religion, nobody's been having sex for a good 3000-5000 years!
Delta Usafa
You're right. Thanks to religion, nobody's been having sex for a good 3000-5000 years!

Did I say we stopped having sex. I'm just talking about the idea of sex only being for marriage and being special, the idea of sluts etc etc.
As long as they're attractive, I wouldnt.
Thrasymachus

Actually come to think of it, are you serious? I'd hate to think walking someone home = sex ... i've unknowingly left some frustrated girls out there otherwise...

It's not that he walked me home, it's that he spent all evening being horrendously flirty and hugging and kissing me and stuff, which was followed by "you're leaving? I'll walk you home".
And I didn't want sex, not last night anyway, haha. Just a kiss would've been nice!

Delta Usafa

I don't have a problem with people having principles, at all.
But if you've got a girlfriend, don't spend the whole evening kissing my forehead and cheek and putting your arm around me and hugging me, but feel good about yourself because you said no to a kiss on the lips.
Reply 49
Klare
All the stress from Uni work (especially during exam time) has really build up and I feel like I need to let off some steam. There are a few guys I know who fancy me but I've turned them down even though I am attracted to couple of them. I wouldn't want a relationship because I am just too busy for one at the moment, but if I don't have sex soon I might actually die. I haven't had a boyfriend in nearly 2 years.

Man would never turn down sex with an attractive girl and they wouldn't worry about it affecting their reputation. Why do we? What is the whole idea of only sleeping with people you care about? I really wish I had a more male mentality. I would probably have so much more fun instead of being so scared of doing something I might regret.:frown:

This is rather narrow minded. Alot of girls sleep around too. Your generalizing about guys, alot of them wouldnt sleep with someone unless they were in a relationship!

You wont die from not having sex!! If its so so important to you; you cant have flings, and you cant date. leave uni!
Reply 50
i would turn sex down
and i do care about my rep
dont generalise us lads
Reply 51
oodalallyoodalally
From the view of evolutionary psychology it is because we are choosy when it comes to mates because we can only breed rarely (in comparison to men) so we wait for a prime specimen before mating :smile: The sad thing is i'm only half joking.

Been reading selfish gene?
Reply 52
Ilora-Danon
A couple of my friends have casual sex, they enjoy it and it makes them content, so what's the problem? You don't have to conform to societal pressure to have meaningful sex - you can have sex on tap if you want it, there's no shame or blame in that.

Why don't you just get an Eff Buddy and be done with it!? lol.

They usually turn out to be more trouble than they're worth dont they?
Doodahdoo

I don't have a problem with people having principles, at all.
But if you've got a girlfriend, don't spend the whole evening kissing my forehead and cheek and putting your arm around me and hugging me, but feel good about yourself because you said no to a kiss on the lips.

Well you didn't mention that bit...

n0c0ntr0l
Did I say we stopped having sex. I'm just talking about the idea of sex only being for marriage and being special, the idea of sluts etc etc.

I was exaggerating obviously, basically to express my thoughts that the idea of sex within marriage, sex being special, and sluts being sluts being forms of "sexual repression" is a rather absurd idea.
Reply 54
I know how you feel...
Delta Usafa
Well you didn't mention that bit...

... I'll remember in future to go into graphic detail about every single thing that happens, so there's no confusion for you again :p:
Reply 56
since when did girls breed more rarely to boys? i recall that there are 4 times more girls than boys :smile:
SirRamAlot
Everyone? Haha you were the only one mate. There were two others who knew what I meant, though one of them that knew what I meant didn't agree with it which is why we argued over whether Islam is evil or not and all the blah blah about homosexuals but of course knowing your inability to understand things and your ability to pull out wild assumptions, you probably thought they didn't understand me either and thought that's what topic was in our argument. Rofl.

And here I see you doing it to another guy on this thread, haha, it's no coincidence, you gotta update your understanding skills.

Making up bullcrap isn't going to convince me of anything. And now you're demonstrating your lack of reading comprehension, when I have a post right in front of you which clearly states that I was exaggerating for effect. Please return to primary school so you can learn what that means, and come back when you want to have an on-topic discussion in this thread.

It's absolutely pathetic when someone enters a thread just for the purpose of bagging on another poster for past gripes, especially when it's not even related to the thread itself. So please leave, or I'll report your post for spam (because honestly, that's what it is). And you don't want that, because two more warning level points and you're banned! :smile:
lizzzyy1
Been reading selfish gene?

well yeah but that was from my A2 psychology syllabus. The gender development portion of the subject was full of this kind of thing, lending support to every gender stereotype known to mankind. Thanks a bunch AQA.
Klare
but if I don't have sex soon I might actually die. I haven't had a boyfriend in nearly 2 years. :frown:

That is the most horniest thing i've ever heard coming from a girl.:wink: