Turn on thread page Beta

Messend UP UNI big time .. Advice needed watch

ReputationRep:
    I am exactly half way through my civil engineering degree and i am going to fail this year.

I am almost certain that i am going to fail the 4 module exams coming up in a few days, because i have have done 0 study. I have had 0 Motivation this year and i cant explain why, i wake up in the morning at Uni and just don't want to get out of bed. I Have however attend virtually every lecture but i sit there like an empty vessel daydreaming. The course is not hard,and i did actually enjoy the subject

The only constructive thing i do in uni is train a particular sport that im pretty decent at, to such an extent its the only thing keeping me going.
    i think about it most of the time

I get homesick quite a bit, but that's not the issue I have manned up and half way through, i think one major issue is My house mates they are always fighting its got so bad I don't even bother talk to them, strangely we were all so good mates in year 1.

And to top it all off i took a gap year before uni, So if i drop out this year i will be 2 years behind.

Im thiking i would be happier going to my local uni (brunel) which is a bit **** !!

Well, which university are you at now?

Have you attempted any problem sheets?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with being behind. It's perfectly acceptable to make mistakes when it comes to uni!

Try contacting Brunel to see if you're able to transfer, Brunel is a good uni and it ranks well for engineering (http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/ug/c...lityBEng-MEng), and it's also a good uni for sports so it fits both of your criteria.

Don't be afraid of going to a lesser ranked uni, I chose Royal Holloway over York and didn't regret it Also, I'm 2 years behind as well and I'm not the eldest so don't worry!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.