The Student Room Group

i dont know what to do, quit uni or stay?

For those that love uni, dont judge.
I love it too, but only the social part and when i think about why im reall here, its for all the wrong reasons.
Im doing a PR course and i dont feel comfortable or completely happy with the decision ive made to study at uni.
I never 100% wanted to come to uni, it was a last minute decision that i choose to come because i had a lack of other options. I see myself doing something for 3 years that i have no passion for. First term i barely went to lectures and rarely showed up for seminars, my lack of motivation is holding me back with my grades.
I love my flat mates and the nightlife, but i dont know if this is right for me. Now, ive got a house for next year so i feel obligated to stay!!!
And at the same time i feel that if i left that i would regret it. I keep debating with myself about what to do and my mates just tell me to stick it out.
I need advice and asap before i cant leave anymore. I dont want to be stuck in a dead end job, i want my dream career as a PR girl, i just dont know how to go about it.
Beth04. x
Reapply for next year if its the course ?
Reply 2
Whatever you do, just don't commit suicide... It's not the way to go *thumbs up*
Reply 3
You want to be a PR girl but you don't have passion for PR, right? You should take a career counseling course (don't worry. it's not bad. I'd taken one before). I also suggest you to see a counselor. Sometimes the road that we thought was right for us didn't turn out that way. Do what you feel is right and makes you happy.
Reply 4
Just leave. And take a bunch of other students with you - we have too many.
Reply 5
I feel EXACTLY the same! Got a house love the mates ive made, love the city and way of living BUT the course is not for me it seems :frown: very annoying!
Out of interest, where are you studying PR?
Reply 7
beth04
For those that love uni, dont judge.
I love it too, but only the social part and when i think about why im reall here, its for all the wrong reasons.
Im doing a PR course and i dont feel comfortable or completely happy with the decision ive made to study at uni.
I never 100% wanted to come to uni, it was a last minute decision that i choose to come because i had a lack of other options. I see myself doing something for 3 years that i have no passion for. First term i barely went to lectures and rarely showed up for seminars, my lack of motivation is holding me back with my grades.
I love my flat mates and the nightlife, but i dont know if this is right for me. Now, ive got a house for next year so i feel obligated to stay!!!
And at the same time i feel that if i left that i would regret it. I keep debating with myself about what to do and my mates just tell me to stick it out.
I need advice and asap before i cant leave anymore. I dont want to be stuck in a dead end job, i want my dream career as a PR girl, i just dont know how to go about it.
Beth04. x

My brother was in exactly the same position. He disliked his course, and just spent most of his time on his social life. I'd advise you to think about the consequences of staying on for antoher year, if you think you're going to do the same thing again. There's no point getting into HUGE debt without getting a degree above a 3rd (2:2, 2:1 or even 1st), in my opinion at least.
Reply 8
Do what pleases UUUUUUUU..........

Latest

Trending

Trending