Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, cooking dinner. What could I serve with lasagne?

Oh, and don't say 'chips' - yes, I know, they're lovely, but I'm being a bit poncier than that. I considered some roasted vegetables - parsnips and **** - but I will certainly value some other contributions; extra points for originality.

ReputationRep:
    Salad usually works quite well, along with some garlic bread.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Lib. I recommend my festive favourite, pan fried robin on melba toast. Is very easy recipe - catch 20 robins, pluck, season with lots of salt and soy sauce and pan fry until brown. Serve on home made melba toast with nice light red wine, perhaps a beaujolais. Serves 8 - 20 people.

ReputationRep:
    I vote crisp Salad with lightly seasoned Potato Wedges.

ReputationRep:
    vegetarian pot au feu

ReputationRep:
    I'd normally just have salad.

But green beans go well with most things too.

Personally I'd find roasted parsnips and stuff a bit much, a bit too rich tasting, with lasagne. But then, I do tend to eat pretty big portions of lasagne...

ReputationRep:
    you could make poncy chips - potato wedges? They're lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Cooking dinner at 5am? Morph dinner and breakfast into one and serve with sausage and eggs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Right, cooking dinner. What could I serve with lasagne?

Oh, and don't say 'chips' - yes, I know, they're lovely, but I'm being a bit poncier than that. I considered some roasted vegetables - parsnips and **** - but I will certainly value some other contributions; extra points for originality.
    I'm not a chef - can't cook anything - but I like eating so I think I've got at least some input here.
    I wouldn't really do chips/potatoes/anything carby like that, all of that is contained in the pasta sheets of the lasagna. I'd second either a nice salad or some garlic bread - just to spice it up a little.
    If you don't want to do just a regular salad you could do something with spinach. Mmm, popeye

ReputationRep:
    Definitely some garlic bread, salad or coleslaw or if your a big eater why not all three. yum yum

Amy x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat observing butterfly)
    Hello Lib. I recommend my festive favourite, pan fried robin on melba toast. Is very easy recipe - catch 20 robins, pluck, season with lots of salt and soy sauce and pan fry until brown. Serve on home made melba toast with nice light red wine, perhaps a beaujolais. Serves 8 - 20 people.
    :confused: Is that even allowed? Who would bother to do that.

ReputationRep:
    I would say salad or some kind of lighter veggies, beans, brocolli type.

I wouldn't personally go with potato as you've already got similar carbs as pasta.

ReputationRep:
    Carrots covered in butter and parsley goes with everything :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Either salad (you can make it as fancy as you like!) and garlic bread, or some lightly steamed green vegetables - green beans, broccoli and courgette, for example.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A side salad is pretty typical with lasagne... though personally I'm quite fond of stuffed peppers/mushrooms or asparagus done in the oven with a light lemon/garlic sauce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    Cooking dinner at 5am? Morph dinner and breakfast into one and serve with sausage and eggs
    Don't forget cereal mixed with marmite for that added goodness. Along with a few shots of whisky to top it off.

ReputationRep:
    I usally make my own wedges with a spicy cajun coating (1tbls paprika 1tbls cumin 1tsp chilli powder 1tbls pepper 1tsp garlic powder 1tsp onion granules) and a salad with my own dressing (2 tbls olive oil 2tbls balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar 1tsp mustard 1 clove of garlic crushed)

good luck

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.