Turn on thread page Beta

Operation "Blessing" : PeeWeeDan prays hard to Obama watch

ReputationRep:
    *head in hands*

How can anyone morally justify the denial of universal health care to 50 million people. Anyone who does is a selfish prick.

ReputationRep:
    Never liked the guy in the first place, Ron Paul should've won

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)
    This. It's quite amusing reading the posts of people who blatantly don't have a clue. Tragic, just tragic.
    who me or others :confused:

i would say the democratic that was running was a bit of a fool, no wonder she lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    who me or others :confused:

i would say the democratic that was running was a bit of a fool, no wonder she lost
    No, I agreed with you. Just not with half the retards that posted before you.

ReputationRep:
    I read this in the Telegraph this morning, wonderful news. What made me laugh was the arrogance of the democrat candidate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)
    No, I agreed with you. Just not with half the retards that posted before you.
    oh ok :p: i was confused

healthcare reform will still pass, and well so it should, its not great but its a step forward

the NHS is not a prefect system, but down site better then what most of the world have, by nothing is prefect

people want to moan about the cost of health care, and drugs have a moan about pharmaceutical companies, comes to mind a cancer drug that cost £20,000, yet what cost a few hundred to make, Herceptin even when the drug only works for about 20% of women

but then pharmaceutical companies have to pay for the 99 other drugs that failed to cut it

i'm off on one :o:

ReputationRep:
    Because healthcare reform is a bad thing that needs to be stopped? I can't see how this can be good news unless you're an idiot or a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Absolutely excellent news. Maybe we'll have some balance when the Democrats lose this supermajority.
    So that the Republicans stop him acting fairly in the Palestinian issue?
    Tbh I think this a a better outcome overall, the ongoing conflict in that region can only be solved by war because the Americans are actually delaying the future and not preventing it at the moment. With war being such a nasty thing, the sooner the better right:cool:
    Get it done with so the whole world can move forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    Hussein? :yep:
    I hope your being sarcastic.:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    Americans are an absolute bunch of dicks
    They vote a man into power then vote against the reforms which they voted him in for.
    THIS x 100000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    So that the Republicans stop him acting fairly in the Palestinian issue?
    Tbh I think this a a better outcome overall, the ongoing conflict in that region can only be solved by war because the Americans are actually delaying the future and not preventing it at the moment. With war being such a nasty thing, the sooner the better right:cool:
    Get it done with so the whole world can move forward.
    Lets be honest... as expected by the Israeli right his "acting fairly" has just given the Palestinians the impression they can lay back and the US will force us into concessions... and thus refused negotiations(despite the settlement freeze... I never heard of Olmert, Rabin, or Sharon having these conditions placed upon them). Well done.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying all Americans are stupid but America really is a stupid country.

ReputationRep:
    Reign of terror?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you even care? Last time I checked, this was the UK we are living in. Whether a republican or democrat got a seat in the senate makes not even a slight difference to us. At all.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely excellent news. Maybe we'll have some balance when the Democrats lose this supermajority.
    I know you from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by analk)
    I know you from somewhere.
    The cover of sexy magazine?

ReputationRep:
    For all those who wish to rejoice, may you take comfort in the fact you do not live in the US. These small victories does not mean the fight for justice in America is over. In our history, presidents have been tested and Obama is not the first and will not be the last who has to contend with a different political party in Congress. The great lion in the Senate was traded in for a new fox.

ReputationRep:
    The cover of sexy magazine?
    Yes you might be right that name got me horny. lmao

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest... as expected by the Israeli right his "acting fairly" has just given the Palestinians the impression they can lay back and the US will force us into concessions... and thus refused negotiations(despite the settlement freeze... I never heard of Olmert, Rabin, or Sharon having these conditions placed upon them). Well done.
    East Jerusalem looks like a massive building site with the number of settlements and that is the strategy of the current far-right Israeli government. Tbh at the moment, the debate is a Israeli-Arab one but if the Holy Mosque somehow ends up on the wrong side of the border it will definitely turn into a Israeli-Muslim problem. Switching the argument from a nationalistic struggle to a religious one will definitely be perilous to Israel but even more so to al the Arab dictators who in one way or another aide Israel and that's without adding Iran into the equation. I just hope Israel forgets about the Americans and sorts things out before the get messy.

ReputationRep:
    They have both houses, and one house is fillibusterproof... sounds pretty super to me. I just hope 2010 knocks him down a peg.
    why? because unlike bush he thinks killing palestinians and bulldozing their homes down as unneccesary.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.