Turn on thread page Beta

Germans are stereotypically... watch

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8469347.stm

ReputationRep:
    not tyrants, but they do seem to be leading the way in the socks and sandals department

I was gonna say organised/efficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cor898)
    not tyrants, but they do seem to be leading the way in the socks and sandals department
    unfortunately closely followed by my grandfather... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I am a tyrant.

(there are so many things censored nowadays... because of "may offend blabla- its horrible)

ReputationRep:
    when i think of germany i think nazi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patientology)
    I am a tyrant.

(there are so many things censored nowadays... because of "may offend blabla- its horrible)
    You have single-handedly confirmed all my sinister suspicions about the Germans.

ReputationRep:
    It is ridiculous.
    So many things cannot be done because of national stereotypes...

Britain is probably one of the only countries that doesn't complain - We are always portrayed as the posh sounding evil Villain in Hollywood films.

ReputationRep:
    dont mention the war!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    It is ridiculous.

Britain is probably one of the only countries that doesn't complain - We are always portrayed as the posh sounding evil Villain in Hollywood films.
    I think the Arabs are way higher on that list. Followed closely by the Russians.

We have more grievances!

ReputationRep:
    stereotypically effing fiittt!!!

(Original post by 1721)
    dont mention the war!
    Sore losers. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Somewhat ironic that the heavy handed decomissioning of this ad for such a stupid reason is closer to Nazism than what goes on in Berlin these days.

I wonder how many of the complainants were actually German, or was it yet again Norris Cole-esque characters sitting at home being offended on behalf of the entire nation...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMiestero)
    when i think of germany i think nazi
    So maybe you should rather think about Kant, Nietzsche, Robert Koch, Thomas Mann, Baeyer, Einstein etc.?

ReputationRep:
    suggested that German people were more likely to be unreasonable or aggressive to others
    I will not say anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    So maybe you should rather think about Kant, Nietzsche, Robert Koch, Thomas Mann, Baeyer, Einstein etc.?
    dont forget max plank, for his name rather than his other stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    It is ridiculous.

no because we may not sound posh but by god... we are good at being evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    I think the Arabs are way higher on that list. Followed closely by the Russians.

We have more grievances!
    The Arabs complain like hell... FIRE!

ReputationRep:
    Being German...

A hell of a lot of us do have a tendency to explode without warning. We also often sound like we're raging even when we're just getting into a conversation.

C'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    Germans are not stereotypically anything, because you can't apply a stereotype to 80 million unique individuals.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.