Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you like irish ppl? watch

• View Poll Results: do u like irish ppl?
    yes
    75.40%
    no
    24.60%

ReputationRep:
    Irish accent :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Errrm well I'm pretty sure there are a few Irish people that I would meet and think they're *******, but that wouldn't be because they're Irish, it'd be because they're *******.

What a stupid question.

ReputationRep:
    irish girls are HOT

ReputationRep:
    I actually like Irish people exclusively.

ReputationRep:
    northern ireland is ok.... you know because i live there but it rains so much! it's not fair england we get more rain but you get more sun/snow we get only wet!!

that said i prefer scottish people to english people because i don't have top change the way i talk for them to understand me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    welll
    No, I think it's a shame that the potato famine wasn't more complete in its destruction.

(Original post by Thrasymachus)
    Everyone seems to be part Irish anyway.
    Not me, and frankly I'd slit my wrists if I found out that I had even a drop of Irish blood.

ReputationRep:
    depends

I'm part Irish, but recently we've had lots of gypo's coming into our town and burning dow buildings, so there's a bit of friction

ReputationRep:

also this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Do you like the Clancy Brothers?

OP- Yes their accents are adorable! Although no offence but I don't really go in for giving people I don't know perhaps undeserved confidence boosts. Or perhaps that's just my own insecurities shining through- I dread to think of the replies if I posted 'do you like mancunian ppl?'
    I tend to play tunes coz I don't sing lol, I find a lot of trad songs pretty cheesy tbh

ReputationRep:
    because they all act/look/talk/ the same, i would say yes

ReputationRep:
    As a person of southern irish descent who has truly embraced the irish culture, specifically irish dancing, I know a fair few people who are disgracing their background and I feel like slapping them.

ReputationRep:
    I did until I met enough of them

ReputationRep:
    Of course. I've no reason to dislike a whole race of people, regardless of the fact that half my family is irish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    As a person of southern irish descent who has truly embraced the irish culture, specifically irish dancing, I know a fair few people who are disgracing their background and I feel like slapping them.
    how?

ReputationRep:
    Irish people are hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Irish people are the only non halal food The Avenger will eat.

ReputationRep:
    Living here in Ireland there's obviously some Irish here I don't like and some that I do but that would be the same anywhere else whether they're Irish or not so, yeah, the question is to broad to answer...

ReputationRep:
    No more or less than any other particular group.

I can't say I'm in the habit of liking people of any particular nationality, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I like Irish people aslong as they arnt gippos that rob my stuff or obviously the IRA. Apart from that I think Ireland is a really nice country.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.