The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, seeing as I'm one quarter Irish.

Up the Irish, etc. etc.
Obviously, although my vote is quite biased...considering I am Irish :rolleyes:
DiamondsAreForever
As a person of southern irish descent who has truly embraced the irish culture, specifically irish dancing, I know a fair few people who are disgracing their background and I feel like slapping them.

"Disgracing their background"? :s-smilie:
Yeap all the ones that i've met have been awsome:biggrin:
bansheeee*
welll:smile:

Your a hippie so I love you, therefor I love an Irish, thence i love irish people.
Reply 45
fer sure fer sure.
i like their accents,
i've never ever met an irish lol.
Well, I live in Northern Ireland.

During Christmas, when the Southerners decide to head north for shopping, we always have disagreements. It seems that Northern Irish people and Southerners are incompatible during the festive season. Any other time, we tend to get along.

I'm Catholic, so I have a certain affinity for the Republic. I don't know about Protestants, though.
Reply 48
Lust of a Gardener
Well, I live in Northern Ireland.

During Christmas, when the Southerners decide to head north for shopping, we always have disagreements. It seems that Northern Irish people and Southerners are incompatible during the festive season. Any other time, we tend to get along.

I'm Catholic, so I have a certain affinity for the Republic. I don't know about Protestants, though.

don't worry we stopped caring a while ago. i just want out of the country. Greece here i come!
The girls are hot :yep:
Reply 50
Haven't met any Irish people i won't know. Would like to meet some in the future though.
My mum is Irish. They're totally off their rockers, but lovely.
yes, they produce some of the most fantastic rugby players and they have Dara O'Brian. What a legend he is.:biggrin:
Reply 53
My gf lives with someone irish (northern) and she is a hag. I would be very happy if she jumped off a cliff... All she does is talk on the phone in her (what i now think) awfull accent and sit watching TV allll day, arrrgghhh she is so annoying.

This has tainted my views...
No. The accent is irritating, and I've hated most of the Irish people I've met.
Reply 55
Hanvyj
My gf lives with someone irish (northern) and she is a hag. I would be very happy if she jumped off a cliff... All she does is talk on the phone in her (what i now think) awfull accent and sit watching TV allll day, arrrgghhh she is so annoying.

This has tainted my views...

is she from Ballymena. damn if so that is bad. I cannot understand them. some Belfast/Derry parts very wildly so some people make more like aquaks that words
yes, slightly biased though :smile:
Reply 57
Generally yes, but there are exceptions (the OP for example).
My boyfriend is half irish. He's one mighty fine looking specimen :sogood:
Reply 59
half northern irish here, guess some say that doesn't count, but it's still in the country so...

Latest

Trending

Trending