Turn on thread page Beta

do you like irish ppl? watch

• View Poll Results: do u like irish ppl?
    yes
    75.40%
    no
    24.60%

ReputationRep:
    As long as they don't try to smash me over the head with a barstool/steal my gold/steal my four leaved clover/try to rescue the leprechaun I have tied up in my attic, I'm alright with them.

ReputationRep:
    Loyalist Northern Irish are acceptable, republicans can sod off.

ReputationRep:
    Well having lived there for 18 years, no generally I don't. I find some peoples accents annoying, mostly in the west (ironic I know lol) and maybe it's just where I live but everyone seems to have a backward way of thinking. I know, I'm biased, they aren't all like that!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, am part Irish, my relatives are lovely and everyone I met there was too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    I did until I met enough of them
    You still love me, right? :sad:

I like Irish people, but not because of their nationality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)
    half northern irish here, guess some say that doesn't count, but it's still in the country so...
    Well not really. Northern Ireland is part of the island of Ireland, but not part of the country called Ireland. But yeah Northern Irish people are still Irish if they want to be.

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me that they still argue over religion... I know there's more to it and all that but seriously, sort it out.
    But I loooove the accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    welll
    My entire family history is based in Sligo, Mayo and Monaghan, so, yes, I do.

ReputationRep:
    I love the accent

ReputationRep:
    Folk from ROI are the loveliest people you could actually ever meet.

Northern Irish (the ones I've ever had experience with) seemed a bit :lolwut:

But bearing in mind I was in Co. Wicklow at the time.

And the southern accent is the sexiest thing I ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess so. I loved Dublin when I went over there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    You still love me, right? :sad:

I like Irish people, but not because of their nationality.
    Of course. Though when you lot are 18 and group together.....my god.

ReputationRep:
    I like dancing dave, an honourable Cork man :yep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axvw-...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    No, not particularly.

ReputationRep:
    The person that started this thred is Irish so people can't really say no! I have nothing against them as people but I do hate their accents!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    welll
    I love irish girls.

ReputationRep:
    The irish are all dicks....what? you mean? oh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Northern Irish :love:
    Yay! People usually ignore us :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Im from Ireland and hey, guess what, its the same as anywhere. Some people are dicks, some people are lovely. I hate anyone who gives a **** about the whole religion thing and uses it as a weapon to give others abuse though. Not cool.

Glad to see that the general consensus is that us irish are ok though, considering when i went to London all i got were potato jokes, people taking the piss out of my accent (fair enough though) and "you irish *******s and your bloody charm!!" which is true, because we can get away with murder.
    One thing i did notice over in England (not so much Scotland... at all) is how much more myself and my friends drink in comparison! I know its a stereotype of us being drunkards but holy cow! Im an alcoholic compared to your average english uni student. I hope you guys are just as much up for a good party as i am when i get over there!

ReputationRep:
    What do the Irish call noughts and crosses?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Circles and signatures.

No I like them really. They built our roads and railways.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.