Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do you like irish ppl? watch

• View Poll Results: do u like irish ppl?
    yes
    75.40%
    no
    24.60%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Who wouldn't? One of my best friends is Irish.

ReputationRep:
    My mummy's irish (: so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effigy)
    One thing i did notice over in England (not so much Scotland... at all) is how much more myself and my friends drink in comparison! I know its a stereotype of us being drunkards but holy cow! Im an alcoholic compared to your average english uni student.
    uh oh, really? so when I go over to eng in a few months and down a naggin in half an hour i'll be seen as a whino? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    My parents are both Irish, making me consider myself Irish not English so clearly yes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What a ridiculous question, I've met plenty of Irish people who I don't like and plenty I do.

My (Irish) boyfriend will have to decide for himself which side of that he comes down on :p:

ReputationRep:
    Their accents are hot :coma:

ReputationRep:
    what a dumb question

ReputationRep:
    their accent (L)

ReputationRep:
    I like irish people and love irish accents!......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    I like irish people and love irish accents!......
    (Original post by funsize17)
    their accent (L)
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    Their accents are hot :coma:
    I gotta get me an Irish accent:top:

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Yes, apart from Cork people (seriously, retarded accent!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalypte)
    Yes, apart from Cork people (seriously, retarded accent!)
    Just nod and smile as they talk to you, it doesn't quite work if they're talking about something that is sad though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Just nod and smile as they talk to you, it doesn't quite work if they're talking about something that is sad though!
    When I worked tech support, about half our callers were from Cork, and another large fraction of them were from India. I swear the Indians who struggled with English were easier to understand!

ReputationRep:
    i'll tell you what does рiss me off - people from Boston who claim to be Irish, because one of their great grandparents lived there for 6 months. i've met quite a few of them lately

actual Irish people are awesome though.

ReputationRep:
    HA! Oh my god I never knew that there was such animosity between the UK and Ireland, but I guess that's because I'm from Canada. 25% is a hell of a lot lol. 1/4 of you hate the Irish; what a fun fact?

ReputationRep:
    Definately. I have a massive crush on an Irish girl. Her(and in general) Irish accent is very hot.

Northern Irish accent is annoying though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalypte)
    When I worked tech support, about half our callers were from Cork, and another large fraction of them were from India. I swear the Indians who struggled with English were easier to understand!
    I could well believe that.

It really should be The People's Republic of Cork, now I'd vote yes in that referendum! I got stuck between a Corkonian and a person from the north once, that was a stressful night in the pub.

ReputationRep:
    No, Op is Irish.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, being all irish and all....creid no na creid
    :P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.